Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dream job within my grasp... can I do anything to help it along....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, there's an excellent chance I may get my dream first(ish) job thanks to a friend of mine.

He works at a large media conglomerate on a certain paper and got the job by a special paid internship they tried at my university the year before I graduated. He's been there for a year now and one of his editors has said that they needed to fill an evening/weekend role and he contacted me.

He said he's put in a good word for me and then asked me to send over my CV, he helped me tweak it a bit and then apparently "begged" (This bit I'm not overly pleased with) for them to take me on.

The job itself is an online sub-editor, working with CMS, proofing, photoshop etc.
I'm fresh out of university and currently working at a really crappy job but the new role is exactly what I did at my university newspaper. Which, I must say, I was damned good at!

I had an excellent portfolio up there but when there was a switchover they (and this is nothing against anybody who is dyslexic) put a dyslexic guy on as chief sub-editor. Why? I'm not quite sure but the site is now a mess (I used to go and hang around the online desk when I was reporting and "fix it" for him). I'm somewhat worried the editor might take a look and think that it's my work (obviously subs aren't credited).

Is there anyway I can push this forward. I'm desperate to get it and I think I'm already a shoe-in. I would literally give my left leg for this job and I'm so close I can taste it (plus the double my current salary doodah).

Any advice guys?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No - it's in their hands now. You just have to play the waiting game.
    I agree - but having read your post, I really hope you get it, sounds perfect for you. Good luck :thumb:
    I didn't get it :( They said I didn't have enough experience, but oh well. They at least know who I am now.

Le sigh
    I didn't get it :( They said I didn't have enough experience, but oh well. They at least know who I am now.

Le sigh

Ah, commiserations.
    learn the lesson mate.

it happens.

better luck next time.
    True that. Nevermind :)