Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

counsellors

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ilipintt wrote: »
    I know im not the only person who is insecure. but i dont like being single and want someone to be with. is that so wrong?
    No of course it isn't wrong, but again those are things many, if not most people are also experiencing.
  • Options
    ok. but that's not what i see.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ok. but that's not what i see.

The empathy that randomgirl talks about you working on with a counsellor is unbelievably important. Until you can show an appreciation that other people struggle and often put in A LOT of effort into relationships, work etc, I'm sorry to say it's unlikely you will be able to move forward from your current position. In my view, this is because until you appreciate that things do take effort, you'll just be waiting for things to land in your lap and not strive to change things for yourself. This is not to say you need to go about making dramatic changes all at once, but small steps can make a difference.
  • Options
    After this I'm going to stop posting in this thread, its not doing my blood pressure any good at all.

ilipintt; If you do nothing else please re-read this thread from the start, but this time actually take it in, actually read what has been put there and then think about it. Failing that read the depression thread in Health and then come back and say everyone is normal and content and happy.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Failing that read the depression thread in Health and then come back and say everyone is normal and content and happy.

Tried suggesting that - didn't work.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    This.

I like how she completely ignored my post too.
  • Options

Well I dont bloody know! Lets burn her at the stake as a witch, its clearly the only realistic option left.
  • Options
    Well I dont bloody know! Lets burn her at the stake as a witch, its clearly the only realistic option left.

*breathe man, breathe*

I had to stop responding as I was getting into the same :banghead: state of mind that you're in now.
  • Options
    I would just like to point you in the direction of this post you made http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=2173932&postcount=27

I am going to suggest that you follow your own advice as its good.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I would just like to point you in the direction of this post you made http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=2173932&postcount=27

Oh! Good one! I thought that link was going to lead to this one:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2176061&postcount=2
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Well, clearly that's not true judging by your posts in other threads...

ok. why do you say that?

OK, but i'm too scared of rejection and feeling like an idiot.
  • Options
    ok. why do you say that?

Because your posts in other threads, not relating to yourself, show a good deal of intelligence. For example:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2176532&postcount=22

You come across very clearly in that post, with well thought out points.
  • Options
    OK, but i'm too scared of rejection and feeling like an idiot.

Two options, either live and die alone, or at some stage you will be rejected, you will experience loss and heart break and pain like you never knew existed. Love is worth it though.
  • Options
    Because your posts in other threads, not relating to yourself, show a good deal of intelligence. For example:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpos...2&postcount=22

You come across very clearly in that post, with well thought out points.

thanks.
    Two options, either live and die alone, or at some stage you will be rejected, you will experience loss and heart break and pain like you never knew existed. Love is worth it though.

ok, i understand.
  • Options
    ok, i understand.

Good, now stop comparing your life with the lives you think other people are having and go out there and shake your moneymaker!
  • Options

You're such a big softy really, aren't you?

That hard-man exterior is fooling nobody...! ;)
  • Options
    Awww Budda, that's really cute.

Another one which is a really cheesey saying but very true 'It's better to have loved and lost then never loved at all'.
  • Options
    You're such a big softy really, aren't you?

That hard-man exterior is fooling nobody...! ;)

Its just part of growing up I guess, you realise what really matters in life. I've done quite a lot of crazy things, but absolutely nothing compares to the rush of the first stage of love.

Having said that, I'd still bottle you if you looked at my bird.
  • Options
    Having said that, I'd still bottle you if you looked at my bird.

:lol:
  • Options
    I just want to echo what everyone has been saying about taking your life in your hands.

I've actually got a friend who is very similar to you - nearly 26, lives at home, only ever had one short relationship about 6 years ago, stuck in a job she found pretty mind-numbing and recently has had to watch her best friend get all loved up and move in with her partner. Must all have been pretty depressing.

You know what she did? Book an adventure/cycle trip around Canada!! I think she leaves very soon and is muchly looking forward to it. I'm sure she'll meet loads of great people along the way, and who knows, may even find herself a bit of romance ;)

We can give you advice until we're blue in the face but you're the only one who can change things.

Get to it girl!!
  • Options
    Good, now stop comparing your life with the lives you think other people are having and go out there and shake your moneymaker!

ok. why did you but those words in bold?
  • Options
    Because they are the important point. Making the keys difference between the lives other people are having the ones you think they are having.
  • Options
    ok. why did you but those words in bold?

Because there seems to be a huge gap between what you imagine and what really happens. People are not all nice, they are not all happy, relationships dont always work... You are setting yourself completely unrealistic expectation of what other peoples lives are like.
  • Options
    well ok. I know i've annoyed people in this thread and have come across as slow and ignorant and I'm sorry for that. it has helped me though and i do feel better about myself. thanks.