Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my mum is really ruining my life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well I'm due to start year 11 in september but the thing is my mum wants to move house. she loves the area but wants to be by the coast cuz she was brought up by the sea. i only have one more year left of school and she said she doesn't want to wait that long. so if she finds a house and she likes it she will move. That probs means i will have to start year 10 again cuz differ schools do differ subjects course and differ modules. and i cant wait til i leave school but i might have to do another year. and i've tried telling her my opinion about it being my last year , etc ,etc. but she wont listen, she doesnt care about me and my education. i know she is selfish but what am i gonna do ? i hate making new friends cuz i get bullied as i am ugly and look like a boy, and i know this as i have moved to 3 differ schools thru my secondary education and i have been bullied every single time !!!

please help me
how can i make friends more easily?
i feel depressed as i can't go to school without thinking one of these days could be my last day!
can you just tell me what you think and any advice you can give me ??

thanxs a lot

x

Comments

• Options
    I know what you're going through... I'm really sorry you're so cut up about it. I moved to India in an important phase in my education and had to switch systems, but it's all worked out now. I'm not very good at adjusting, but here's what some of my more well-traveled friends tell me works:

Be open to new people, as people will be more open to you if you are. Act cheerful and try not to be nervous because you will be less of a target, and don't dwell on the past as this will make you unhappy, therefore less cheerful-looking, and therefore a target. Try and find people you like soon, but don't stick to them immediately as you might find that they're not as nice as they seem, and then you'll only have them. If you're left on your own in a new school, don't panic. Panicking makes you a target. Ask for help (if you need it) from someone who seems decent. Don't ask the popular kids.

Also, don't worry too much. Your mum might not find a house, and even if she does, moving takes a bit of time... together, the time might add up to a year.

Try not to be to angry and upset if you do move, because it'll only make things a million times harder. I know it's much easier said than done, but it's worth making an effort. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hello,
    If you think the time it takes to sell a house and acquire a new one, and thats after your mum decides on a house to move in to. I think if you dig your heels in, she will give you the time to finish school before moving. If you did have start at a new school, I don't think you would have to restart your GCSE's. In the event that your mum does move you halfway through the school year (very bad idea in my opinion but whatever) are there any relatives you could stay with in the area that you are? Where you could stay until you finish your GCSE's? I think your probably not ugly either, you just think you are :) Be nicer to yourself, I think you can definatly made friends with people you like at school. I never made friends quickly, but if you learn to loosen yourself up to social opportunities and just be yourself it gets easy to fit in. Don't be self concious, or assume that you are somehow different or inferior to everyone else; pretty everybody feels the same inside in social situations we just show it differently :)