Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Beijing Olympics 2008

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No diea what you are goin on about with BBC phone ins?

*shrugs* still a minor point about the fireworks, not like they put in something that was never there, the footprint fireworks did happen

http://www.youtube.com/v/wbZrI8onelg&hl=en&fs=1

Whole opening ceromony was still amazing though, out of the whole 4.5 hour thing, the only issues being the fact fact that they CGI'd in one of the set of fireworks cos of difficulties filming it from a helicopter, plus the miming of the child singer (that part i don't agree with).

I was more annoyed by the annoying and negatively toned commentating by the BBC, impartial my ass.
    Great- woke to see cycling on TV. Hurtling along the roads- past the fields and to the finishing line. A British girl got our second Silver.

Got to finish my hash brown and bacon..............::wave:
    I think our Olympic canoeists are doing great.

None have gone missing so far. :p
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Gymnastics is fun, I'm watching the men's team final now. Those upper arms! My gosh I need to watch it with a towel in hand I'm drooling so much.

I was using tissues. :blush:
    Teagan wrote: »
    I was using tissues. :blush:

:lol: Gotta say I'm in love with the American girl with the legs from the gymnastics team. Not the one that cocked everything up.
    Did anyone see the Hungarian weightlifter Janos Baranyai dislocate his elbow?

OUCH!!! :eek:

You can find clips of the incident on youtube if you're brave enough to watch.
    article-1044235-02424D1300000578-830_468x314.jpg

:eek2:
    No diea what you are goin on about with BBC phone ins?

*shrugs* still a minor point about the fireworks, not like they put in something that was never there, the footprint fireworks did happen

http://www.youtube.com/v/wbZrI8onelg&hl=en&fs=1

Whole opening ceromony was still amazing though, out of the whole 4.5 hour thing, the only issues being the fact fact that they CGI'd in one of the set of fireworks cos of difficulties filming it from a helicopter, plus the miming of the child singer (that part i don't agree with).

I was more annoyed by the annoying and negatively toned commentating by the BBC, impartial my ass.

The bbc have just been fined masses for faking phone in's as ITV has as well.
    :lol: Gotta say I'm in love with the American girl with the legs from the gymnastics team. Not the one that cocked everything up.

There's alot of hotties at these Olympics, pity none of them are British. Do we have the most minging athletes ever? It's embarrassing. And what's with these new swimsuits which make all the women look like men (as if it wasn't bad enough). Sorry, but my Olympic viewing has been a bit of a disappointment so far.
    MrG wrote: »
    The bbc have just been fined masses for faking phone in's as ITV has as well.

Yes but the fireworks did actually happen, they weren't just made up.
    http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml

Webpages of statistics relating to the current Games in China
    - details of top countries' medals and 'todays' medal winners etc
    Addict wrote: »
    There's alot of hotties at these Olympics, pity none of them are British. Do we have the most minging athletes ever? It's embarrassing. And what's with these new swimsuits which make all the women look like men (as if it wasn't bad enough). Sorry, but my Olympic viewing has been a bit of a disappointment so far.
    Check out the volleyball, dude.

The Russia vs. Georgia match looked like a right cat fight in the making.
    Usain Bolt. Fucking hell. He finished the race sideways and still broke the WR.
    Yes but the fireworks did actually happen, they weren't just made up.

Much as the bbc got in trouble for the editing they did on a documentary about the queen, footage that actually happened, but changed the aparant sequence of events with the way they edited it.

End of the day they faked something.
    MrG wrote: »
    Much as the bbc got in trouble for the editing they did on a documentary about the queen, footage that actually happened, but changed the aparant sequence of events with the way they edited it.

End of the day they faked something.
    No, the BBC edited the footage to make out that something that didn't happen did happen. The Chinese edited some footage to make out that something that did happen did happen. There is no dishonesty there, just a technical limitation that they used CGI to get around.
    No, the BBC edited the footage to make out that something that didn't happen did happen. The Chinese edited some footage to make out that something that did happen did happen. There is no dishonesty there, just a technical limitation that they used CGI to get around.

:thumb:

My point exactly.
    Are people still enjoying the TV coverage? on Sunday we'll see the closing ceremony. David Beckham is the star, kicking his way into Birds nest stadium, as Boris Johnson takes the handover flag from the Chinese ready for the UK's turn 2012................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2556245/David-Beckham-Leona-Lewis-and-Boris-Johnson-in-Beijing-Olympic-handover-to-London-2012.html

Don't forget there's a linked ceremony in London's Trafalgar Sq that day
    I can't wait for the 50km speed walking. :yippe: Aug 22 baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWTypuVZu8w
    Addict wrote: »

It's been a while coming, but I've found one. Keep your eyes on the Brits in the modern pentathlon.

_C5R7080.jpg

:D
    Are you saying your gymnast isn't a hottie?
    Tweddle_main.jpg

:chin:
    Mort.JPG

Though I did get the chance to see her on the uneven bars and she was quite impressive. Very quick and powerful, a bit like the men.
    yay! Iceland will get a medal! We've made it to the final match in men's handball. Now we're guaranteed silver or gold. :D
    I watched a bit of Croatia vs. France in the handball earlier. I didn't really get it tbh. But well done to Iceland anyway.
    What a dickhead. Hope he enjoys his time in a nice Chinese jail for that.
    Also, did anyone see this?

spanish_basketball__789132c.jpg

Do the Spanish not have a clue? What the hell is it with Spanish sporting figures being blatantly racist, and then coming out to explain how it isn't racist, because they have some black friends, or some other bullshit? The other cases were at least all things that were beyond official control (well, with the exception of the Lewis Hamilton incident), but this is a photo that has been thought about. How can you be so clueless as to essentially mock the appearance of an entire race of people, and not know that people would be offended by it?

So come on Aladdin, defend your country. :p
    Also, did anyone see this?

spanish_basketball__789132c.jpg

Do the Spanish not have a clue? What the hell is it with Spanish sporting figures being blatantly racist, and then coming out to explain how it isn't racist, because they have some black friends, or some other bullshit? The other cases were at least all things that were beyond official control (well, with the exception of the Lewis Hamilton incident), but this is a photo that has been thought about. How can you be so clueless as to essentially mock the appearance of an entire race of people, and not know that people would be offended by it?

So come on Aladdin, defend your country. :p

It wasn't just them, it was also the Argentinians and another country which i can't quite recall at this time in the morning...