Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

shroom picking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya never done this before none of my mates have either. been looking up the old tinternet for what to look out for when picking liberty caps and how to check there liberties and everything. ive heard septemb er is a good time to go just wandering what you guys thought. i live in cornwall btw and our harvest for some things can be quite different to the rest of the country but im not sure exactly how. anyway i know a good place to go picking as i love near a sand dunes and my step brother went picking there when he was younger unfortunately hes all grown up now and lives far awayh so wouldnt be able to help me out with the picking. i will post pics on here for you guys to tell me whether to eat or not as i dont want to be munching some poisonous fungi. anyway any tips on distiunguishing them and times to pick all that sort of stuff cheers.
:cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't have thought sand dunes would be a good place.
    Here in North wales they are in abundance already ...very early but it's been a very wet summer.
    Moorland cow pasture etc.
    I wouldn't think there up down south yet.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Heathland and grassland always seemed best for Liberties.

The New Forest is mostly heathland thankfully and there's never been a shortage of shrooms in all the years I've been picking.
    Weekender Offender 
    didnt find fuck all worth mentioning last year, going to look further afield this year

rolly im surprised they're growing already, proper flushes growin!?
    z- wrote: »
    didnt find fuck all worth mentioning last year, going to look further afield this year

rolly im surprised they're growing already, proper flushes growin!?

The real mcoy.
    About a week ago i was on the edge of the moors and spotted about half a dozen. Few days later about a hundred over a fairly large area and then a couple of days ago came across people camping for the sole purpose of picking and they were doing alright.
    That doesn't normaly happen till september through october.
    the sand sunes doesnt have much sand to be honest its more grassland with sandy banks and ditches scattered around but my step bro definately found a fare few there when he was younger
    Spare a thought for the Londoners amongst us who're lucky to come home without hands full of dog shit from our local harvest.

I envy you south western lot.
    i will post pics on here for you guys to tell me whether to eat or not as i dont want to be munching some poisonous fungi. anyway any tips on distiunguishing them and times to pick all that sort of stuff cheers.
    :cool:

Just to say - I think it's fine to ask for advice on what to look for in a safe mushroom, or even for people to source pictures from sites like Erowid of safe mushrooms.

However I think asking people to comment on the safety of mushrooms you've picked is a little bit too far - think it just crosses over the line into people on this board being responsible for your safety. That's unfair on them and potentially opens up a whole can of legal problems for us. Better to ask for the information so you can make your own informed choice.
    ok sorry jim
    anyone got any picks of a very typical liberty cap
    cheers
    This is what they appear liek when wet or damp.
    87386d1211072141-help-identification-liberty-caps-libertycap.jpg
    psem4.jpg

In drier conditions they can appear like this.
    lc99-3.JPG
    image4V4.JPG

As they get older they can flatten out a bit, look not so domed, and appear quite tatty.

They are easy to spot in my opinion. Best bet is to thow away anything you have any doubt over, and go with somebody experienced.
    Weekender Offender 
    Don't confuse them with these:

haymakers.jpg
    dusan_mocarnik2005_17150.jpg
    cheers can i drink on shrooms?
    im gonna go for a bit of a hunt at some point not expecting to find much its a bit early but hey give it a try. how many liberty caps should i eat on my first time if they are fresh ive heard 10-grams is good but how many average sized shrooms is that cheers.
    for Liberties , open feilds are the best , mainly some of those grassy hill land and all thos e, might be also lake sided ,but just depending on you.
    cheers can i drink on shrooms?

ya can but i wouldnt bother, doesnt do much for you - same as acid
    Just got back from Amsterdam and I think I'm chemically obliterated.

We tried a box of Philosophers Stones each and because it took such a delayed reaction from the rest of the shit in our systems at the time, we decided to leave our chill out area and hit the town.

Ended up with just me and a mate in the back room of a back room of an empty bar, suddenly tripping like crazy. He flipped out completely and was convinced that I was going to kill him. 20 stone that he is, he smacked a dent in the table and kept telling me to "Stop", apparently seeing evil in me every time the revolving lights turned to red.

It was creepy as hell. He spent the entire night wide awake in the opposite bottom bunk just watching me - since he thought I'd kill him if he fell asleep.

Made quite an interesting breakfast topic. And it was eerie as hell considering I was having a really psychotic trip of my own where all I could focus on was mutilation and The Shining-esque insanity.

Anyway, we stopped short of going for the heavily visual shrooms. Mainly because my mate was so fucked up for the rest of the holiday that he still didn't completely trust me.

I'm looking to get hold of some back home in London but I've had no luck so far.
    lol madness, you could convince yourself anything whilst tripping..
    tehfincheh wrote: »
    Just got back from Amsterdam and I think I'm chemically obliterated.

We tried a box of Philosophers Stones each and because it took such a delayed reaction from the rest of the shit in our systems at the time, we decided to leave our chill out area and hit the town.

Ended up with just me and a mate in the back room of a back room of an empty bar, suddenly tripping like crazy. He flipped out completely and was convinced that I was going to kill him. 20 stone that he is, he smacked a dent in the table and kept telling me to "Stop", apparently seeing evil in me every time the revolving lights turned to red.

It was creepy as hell. He spent the entire night wide awake in the opposite bottom bunk just watching me - since he thought I'd kill him if he fell asleep.

Made quite an interesting breakfast topic. And it was eerie as hell considering I was having a really psychotic trip of my own where all I could focus on was mutilation and The Shining-esque insanity.

Anyway, we stopped short of going for the heavily visual shrooms. Mainly because my mate was so fucked up for the rest of the holiday that he still didn't completely trust me.

I'm looking to get hold of some back home in London but I've had no luck so far.

Haha, crazy stuff man!
    Went picking yesterday and found a fair few. So they're out there now people.

Finger lickin pickin. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
    i went shroom piking today but found lots of mushrooms that look ver simliar to Psilocybe semilanceata ( the fun ones ) does any 1 have pics of the real mushrooms compaired to the look alikes or any tips on telling the differnce?

So far i think ime supposed to be looking for

long think stalk
    nipple on the cup
    tan colour
    bruise blue when touched
    Dark underneath the cup ( is this correct?)
    dark blue rim around the base of the cup

anything els is hould note?
    Ahh shroom season is arriving in the UK, I envy you all! I discovered hundreds of the bloody things a few minutes from my back garden (some of you may remember my thread last year), then I leave the country in time for the 2nd picking! Shame. :(
    Anyone know if there are any shrooms that grow in Australia, and what time of year?
    theres probably loads of em, but millions of super deadly poisonous ones too lol

try n find one of those DMT frogs or somethin :hyper:
    Skive wrote: »
    Heathland and grassland always seemed best for Liberties.

The New Forest is mostly heathland thankfully and there's never been a shortage of shrooms in all the years I've been picking.

Sounds like you know some great spots in the New Forest! Could you share some of the locations as schroom season is upon us...
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Closing this thread since its nearly 10 years old, please start a new thread to continue this conversation.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
This discussion has been closed.