Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knowing people on TheSite in real life

2»

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    Fair enough maybe mentioning names wasn't a good idea

No it wasn't. If she hadn't mentioned names other people would have been none the wiser.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    No it wasn't. If she hadn't mentioned names other people would have been none the wiser.

But they did mention names and Im still none the wiser :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Everyone behind their screen is real - yes. And I don't doubt that its real emotions behind the words posted here, and that real friendships come about from places like this. Not at all. Places like this are what people make of them, definitely.
    But it is diferent from what happens away from the screen. This is artificial. You are here cause you chose to. It's less spontanious and impulsive than even going for a walk in broad daylight with a friend in the neighborhood. I do find it important to keep that distinction.
    I wasn't saying there's no distinction, just that this is as much of "real life" as talking to someone in person is. Otherwise, you should start saying that when you're talking to someone on the phone isn't "real life".
  • Options
    I wasn't saying there's no distinction, just that this is as much of "real life" as talking to someone in person is. Otherwise, you should start saying that when you're talking to someone on the phone isn't "real life".

Definitely not as real as seeing people face to face. A phone is not a substitute for seing people in person.
  • Options
    i love the anonymity on here it's a nice escape from reality sometimes, wouldn't be the same if i knew other posters irl.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Same here. And I learnt the hard way to be careful what I do post on here.

So did I, after a "friend" at the time discovered it and we are no longer friends (what I wanted anyway, but it was still not the best way for it to happen).
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Definitely not as real as seeing people face to face. A phone is not a substitute for seing people in person.
    We must have a different definition of "real" then. ;)
  • Options
    I'm gonna answer properly I would be wary as well if my boyfriend was going on holiday with an ex. There's nothing you can do if they are mates but accept it, if they end up getting together (which is doubtful if he really is committed and likes you) then they get together you'll have to cross that bridge when you come to it.

As for all the knowing people in real life and stuff I don't know anyone from here in real life and I prefer it that way because I've said allsorts of confidental things on here and wouldn't want my friends knowing. You're all members so you all have the right to discuss your problems on here.

Not sure if any of this makes sense I'm still a bit fucked!
  • Options
    i love the anonymity on here it's a nice escape from reality sometimes, wouldn't be the same if i knew other posters irl.

definately. it's refreshing to come on here and talk about stuff I can't in real life.
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    i'm mates with someone who posts on here. which does make me think twice about posting certain things on here. (no offence if you're reading this. but i'm sure it's even worse from your point-of-view). i guess if i had something i needed to post on here, she'd be one of the people i'd talk to about it anyway, so :/

haha, no offence, same basically! im not really an opening-up-on-here kinda poster but it does sort of make you think twice sometimes. but then again id tell you most things anyway. i wouldnt like it if lots of people from real life posted on here though, two is enough, thats what facebooks for :D
  • Options
    I've met an ex member of this site she was good laugh and we had some fun. She doesn't post anymore! :crying:

I also let slip about posting on a site to an ex (didn't give away this site's name) the sick bitch did bit of digging and found it. She commented on few of my posts and I was none the wiser, however when we broke up she was able to see how I was feeling etc. Took few days for me to figure out it was her.

My own fault I know and a good lesson learnt!! :p

Anyway Triggergirl hope you feel better and get things sorted! :) :yippe:
This discussion has been closed.