Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 questions -

Not sure if I've asked this before, but I know that here you can have what I would call an accident insurance. Not sure what the proper term is. Baically when I for example had a ski accident and tore my ligament I got quite a bit of money (wasn't even aware of it until recently). Or say I accidently break a shop window somehow, then the insurance would pay the damage costs. Does any such thing exist in the UK?

Also what sort of housing insurance (and from where) can people recommend. First year I was covered under my parents and the last two years I stupidly decided that it wasn't needed. So yeah anything you guys would reccomend for shared accomodation?

I am clueless with these things. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    i think you mean health/life insurance, but i don't know if you can insure against breaking a shop window, that would be for the shop's insurance to cover the damage. i'm afraid i can't personally recommend any housing insurance as i don't have any either so i must be just as stupid as you, i move house so often it's just a pain in the arse. i know endsleigh do cheap contents insurance for students which is probably the type of thing you're after....
  • Options
    the breaking a shop window thing is public liability insurance - normally only companies have it though you also get it in your travel insurance.