Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how can i get my streetboard on a plane?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi all,
I'm going on a tour of america for streetboarding pretty soon and its my first one :) gonna be sick

any way i was wondering how i can get my streetboard on without the risk of it getting damaged, i'm taking a spare in my suitcase ready to be asebmled and we've all agreed not to take more than one suitcase and i'm not sure if i can fit my board in?

Would it be possible to take on as hand lugage?
or would i have to put it in a bag or something and it go in with my suitcase?

for those that don't no what its like its around the same size and a skateboard
the stance is 55" i think and a pic of it is:
http://www.streetboardweb.co.uk/images/highlandBoard.jpg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    hand luggage is limited to the size of one of those small wheely bags usually. you'd definately have to check it in. I suggest probably packing the board with 1inch polystyrene top and bottom and surround it with cardboard. make sure that the box will open at checkin so they can inspect the contents and then use zipties or duct tape to seal the board in.

you should be fine :)
  • Options
    Yeah you'd likely have to check it if it were full size. If you can take it apart then you might be able to fit it in a smaller bag which you could take as hand luggage.

Otherwise like Noog says just pack it protectively.