Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Companies that employ fast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have three free weeks coming up in between the end of my job contract and going abroad, and I really need to work. Desperate for money.

I don't really have time for the traditional paper job application, interview, wait for references, training, etc. I need a job that I can start fast (I'm not planning on telling employers that I only want work for 3 weeks).

Can anyone recommend places that employ fast? I'm living in quite a touristy area, maybe trawling round bars to see if they need help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, bar work is going to be your best bet, might even be able to get paid cash in ahnd as well depending on the type of bar/pub/club
    Generally the smaller the company, the quicker it goes. Independent shops, bars, pubs, clubs, cafes, restaurants, etc.
    katchika wrote: »
    I have three free weeks coming up in between the end of my job contract and going abroad, and I really need to work. Desperate for money.

I don't really have time for the traditional paper job application, interview, wait for references, training, etc. I need a job that I can start fast (I'm not planning on telling employers that I only want work for 3 weeks).

Can anyone recommend places that employ fast? I'm living in quite a touristy area, maybe trawling round bars to see if they need help?

Have you looked at causual jobs e.g. there are often things on gumtree.com and similar where someone needs to employ someone just for a few weeks?

It might be worth asking around your personal contacts too, I know that short term temporary work for me has often been as a result of chatting to family members, friends of family, other contacts who work in places who sometimes need temps but can set it up fast. Especially if you know anyone in quite a senior job who can take on juniors like maybe someone you know is an office manager or something like that?

I've had it several times in the past where I needed a job for a few weeks like in similar situations to you, I found success once when my mum mentioned it to a neighbour who said he had work for me as a temp in a catering company where he was a manager, also I got a job via my sister one summer doing telesales for the company where she works, also my step-brother did a few weeks here and there for some family friends who have a shop and needed some computer work done. Hmm, I think asking around is good.

Or maybe working doing something specific at an event?

Hope you find what you are looking for :)
    :lol:
    At least they have taken the time to find a suitable thread.