Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Accommodation in London...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am going to London at the end of August. Can anyone recommend a good cheap and moderately priced place to stay? Like a hostel and a B&B. Ideally somewhere within Zones 1 & 2 as I will be travelling to the centre everyday. thansk.

Ashley started a thread on travelling in London, so now here is the next step, accommodatino in London.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a search for youth hostels if you want to find something pretty cheap - as long as you don't mind a group room it's going to be easily the cheapest option -

Youth Hostel Association is probably the best place to stay - Randomgirl had a couple of suggestions from Sunday's chat as well, hopefully she'll pop in to mention them here :)
    the Indian YMCA

Also because its not term time you can usually get some pretty cheap accomodation in student halls of residence.
    ah just work for someone who works for a major travel agents and they'll get you a nice hotel in central london for cheap money. Or otherwise, the hostels mentioned were, uh, I can't remember. Think the Generator was one. Or the travel lodges for central ish - say kings cross have been coming up about 70 quid a night - check their website out mabye.
    I've usually stayed at Picadilly Backpackers hostel, which is not just central but cheap as well. Even booking a private room isn't too bad moneywise.
    Wyetry wrote: »

Also because its not term time you can usually get some pretty cheap accomodation in student halls of residence.

:yes: I stayed in University of Westminster halls last month which were lovely and quite cheap too! Don't know whether you have already looked on here, but try hostelworld.
    thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

ive just booked into a twin room in University of Westminster halls for £21. so thanks very much 1andonly:thumb: if theres anyway i can repay you just say so. lol
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    I've usually stayed at Picadilly Backpackers hostel, which is not just central but cheap as well. Even booking a private room isn't too bad moneywise.

I completely agree. When i stayed there i was lucky enough to have noone in my room that night too. :)
    The Doctor wrote: »
    I completely agree. When i stayed there i was lucky enough to have noone in my room that night too. :)

Yeah, once me and 2 friends booked together and had it for ourselves with an empty bed which was nice. Quite organised there, and generally better than the other hostel I stayed at near Kings Cross.
    I haven't been in London yet, but I will soon be (next month! :hyper:). Based on the prices and photos, I would say there are a lot of great deals in the Hotel Section of the London Guide. :thumb: But I'll also check the suggestions given by previous posters. :yes: