Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I really dislike my parents

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What exactly is the definition of 'normal'?
    your view of what other peoples lives are like isnt accurate.
    There are lots of normal people with normal lives, and there are also lots of people with pretty shitty things going on who have a lot to worry about. Possibly that includes you. The trick is to get coping mechanisms, not wish you were something youre not, or be envious of others.
    People are trying hard here to understand but youre being very dismissive of them
    your view of what other peoples lives are like isnt accurate.

How?
    There are lots of normal people with normal lives, and there are also lots of people with pretty shitty things going on who have a lot to worry about. Possibly that includes you. The trick is to get coping mechanisms, not wish you were something youre not, or be envious of others.

Why? I want to be normal too.
    People are trying hard here to understand but youre being very dismissive of them
    Melian wrote: »
    What exactly is the definition of 'normal'?

being normal in society like everybody else.
    ilipintt wrote: »
    How?

You act as though no-one else has problems, which isn't true.
    How?

Why? I want to be normal too.

because you think everyone has a simple life and your description of a normal life isnt what my life is like and it isnt like a lot of peoples. You appear to be deluded as to the reality of every day life. Youre wishing for a simplicity that hardly anyone has yet are insistant that they do, for some reason.

Get over it

For the umpteenth time - explain what the fuck you mean by 'normal'!

'Normal' doesn't exist mate.

What are you willing to do to change that?
    g_angel wrote: »

Whilst there's such a large proportion of people who have issues so 'normal' may not be 'average' these days, I still feel the majority of the country are 'normal' - have the competency and intelligence to (a) have friends / interact with people, and have lovelife at some point in their life, (b) work, (c) know what hobbies/interests they enjoy, (d) not having any serious issues so overall they leave a 'normal', usually content life. Lack of 'normality' seems to come largely at the 'bottom' and 'top' ends of society - feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, failure, depression often through either being in a high-pressured environment of over-achievers, or the opposite with a poor support network, lack of hope etc. I get the impression the majority of people who fall into upper working / lower middle class generally get by fine and I would consider most of them 'normal'.

Anyway sorry to drag off-topic a bit, am pleased to see ilipinnt hopefully making steps to improve her life - as said wants to be more personable etc. Going travelling I think is the best self-help solution here.
    Jaloux wrote: »
    What are you willing to do to change that?

be normal and sweet like everybody else here.
    g_angel wrote: »

Yes it does. everyone else is here and I am not.
    Err.. quite a lot of people here are pretty fucked up, read the sort of things people write in Relationships, Health & Drugs!
    but they're normal.

You are a first class plank - just not getting it.

This thread needs closing.
    but they're normal.
    Yep, depression, suicidal thoughts and self-harming as a form of release are all entirely normal. Ffs.. :banghead:
    but they're normal.

... and why are you not? If people on here can have so many problems and be normal, why are YOU not? The only thing you seem to be is dense beyond belief.
    im trying to work that out.
    tinkler wrote: »
    Yep, depression, suicidal thoughts and self-harming as a form of release are all entirely normal. Ffs.. :banghead:

that doesn't matter. they're still normal.
    so whats so abnormal about you then?
    You know what, I find what you are saying extremely offensive. And I am getting mad at myself for even caring about what you have to say.

My friend just today told me about the cystic fibrosis patients where her mom works. Read up about it, and then tell me how you consider their lives to be normal and oh-so-great.
    I think to be honest that this is just going around in circles at this point and people are simply going to become more insulting towards the original poster.

Since I don't think the people here are going to be able to give you more advice than the links and numbers that have been suggested then I don't think it's going to help you to be insulted, or to post in a way that does anger other people.

I'd suggest ringing the services that have been offered at this point rather than using this thread, to be filled with a level of self-loathing that means you can't even percieve of others problems makes the benefit of an online community pretty limited.

So to avoid the unpleasantness evident in some posters disbelief and reactions I think the best thing here is probably to close the thread for now. Maybe you could take some of the steps mentioned here then consider posting a thread in the future to discussed how they helped you.
This discussion has been closed.