Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

head vs heart...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I will be the first to admit, that i can be very obsessive. there seem to be two sides to me, the real world me, and the me that lives in her little dream world. But since i've started to realise this, and that i'm really fucking forward at times (femme fatal doesn't really get it...maybe more bunny boiler), i've also started to a) not get very much male attention, and when there are guys i like, i seem to back away, i'll no longer make the first move, infact, i actually no longer seem to think i'm worthy of the men that i like or in some instances have liked.

I'm trying to put any ideas of asking this particular guy out, and i seem to come up with more and more reasons for me not to every day. I did kinda throw myself at him somewhat last year (just after he'd got out of a difficult relationship - yes i have no tact!), but he's been getting closer and been a bit more touchy feely of recent, but maybe i'm just imagining this or exaggerating it.

anyway, it feels like there is a real conflict between my head saying one thing and heart another. I know i fall in love incredibly easily (but not so easily out of, which causes problems), but i've had a thing for this guy for a while, but i am moving away (not very far away tho) soon, and i don't think i'm worthy of him and i'm not sure i could handle much more rejection (i've had enough to last me a life time so any more really is surplus). I'm really unsure what to do....

Help!

Comments

• Options
    This might be useless rhetoric but ALWAYS follow your heart. If it feels right do it. Don't think too much, just relax and do what you think is natural/right. Again sorry if that's bloody obvious but its the best way!
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    This might be useless rhetoric but ALWAYS follow your heart. If it feels right do it. Don't think too much, just relax and do what you think is natural/right. Again sorry if that's bloody obvious but its the best way!

:yes: Although both really need to agree or you'll never find complete peace...but usually it's far easier to follow the heart and convince the head than the other way round!