Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Twats spilling drinks on ya at clubs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Sarcasm is sometimes lost over the net.

:D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You're either full of shit or one of the nattiest little runts it's ever been my misfortune to know of. With an attitude like that i hope you get stabbed in the fucking face.
    Deary me! Watch out or you might get a dig in the kidneys by 'madwoman Manda' :lol:
  • Options
    This one time, I punched a guy in the kidney with brass knuckles and then he fell on the ground and he fell right on some gum and it stuck to the ass of his pants. He couldn't tell because he was lying there crippled in pain, but everybody else could see it and it was soooo funny. Guess you had to be there, but damn, we all laughed and laughed. Still laugh about it now when I think about it! He was ugly though so it was all right. Ugly people don't have feelings... Are they allowed to vote? Though I've had this weird rash ever since then. I think I caught something from him. I'm infested with ugly now, I fear. Some unhuman ugly people disease. Eeeugh.
    I think I'm in love with you. Marry me.
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    I think I'm in love with you. Marry me.
    Run Simba, run for the hills.
  • Options
    Drunken people...in clubs? What is the world coming to!?

Yeah, sure, anybody can get drunk on occasion and behave like a fool.

A few weeks back, my mate went to the bar - clearly drunk off his face - and ordered 48 shots of Vodka on a tray. The bar staff had no problem whatsoever in taking his money, and no problem in chucking him out ten minutes later when surprise, surprise...he was acting drunk.

I'm still trying to work out what they expected to happen when he slurred and spluttered on his words, asking for 48 shots, without them clicking that it might not be such a good idea to serve him.
  • Options
    Having drinks split on you - irritating - dropping someone on the floor deliberately - pathetic and surely posted just to get the reaction it has here?

If you want to post a thread to rant that's fine - but the other part of this post just seems intended to get people angry.

Sad to see you returning to this kind of post Tinkler.

I'll leave this open for now and suggest people return to the original point of the thread, presumably what irritates you in pubs, rather than people trying to prove why they deserve to have drinks thrown on them.
  • Options
    Meh, it happens (spilling drinks on someone or vice versa that is, not picking someone up and then dropping them again).

As long as people apologise, admit their error and offer to buy you another, I don't see the problem. Clothes wash. There's no point getting stressed and letting some clumsy person ruin your evening. If Booze Britain has taught me anything, it's that it's people who overreact in situations like this who just end up becoming another statistic in the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    I had soem gay fella spill a drink on my once then engage in a ritual of stroking my shirt trying to "clean me up". Luckily my girlfriend scared him a way butt he face he pulled before he went on his way was priceless.

It's common etiquette(spelling? augh!) to understand that when people are huddled together drunk they will spill drinks.

get a grip!
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Having drinks split on you - irritating - dropping someone on the floor deliberately - pathetic and surely posted just to get the reaction it has here?

If you want to post a thread to rant that's fine - but the other part of this post just seems intended to get people angry.
    There was a load of us - my 'normal' college friends doing stuff like teaching and accountants rather than my 'city high-flyer' crowd, and unanimously everyone thought it was the funniest thing ever. Maybe a you-had-to-be-there moment.. she couldn't stand up properly, he didn't know her so had no obligation to waste time keeping her up after he'd pulled her, so let go of her and walked off. So so funny.
  • Options
    well that sounds delightful and given it leaves this thread with only one way to go it's closed
This discussion has been closed.