Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which is best... ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Disregarding the content, do you take websites, for example Geocities or Tripod, seriously, or do you only like the .com websites?

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the content..

Its gotta be damn good to make up for those fucking popups..
  • Options
    Fair enough.

Ok, think of it another way:

Imagine that you are a keen football supporter. A website made by Geocities contained a plain survey which could potentially increase your experience as a ardent supporter (please do not ask how). Would you care that it was made by Geocities?

On that note I am off for 40 winks.

Night night.
  • Options
    Nope...

If its a good site then ill like it, if its shit I wont...where the site is hosted is irrelevent.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog:
    <STRONG>Nope...

If its a good site then ill like it, if its shit I wont...where the site is hosted is irrelevent.</STRONG>

Geocities sites tend to be extremely slow, even on cable connections. Usually with frequent disconnections as well.

A good site will usually have a dedicated webmaster, who can afford the £15 a year to host a domain name.
    I don't bother with geocities, because you can usually find a better website elsewhere.