Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Deodorant and skin chemistry

I don't know whether this is a common phenomenon or not, so I would be greatful if someone could confirm here.

Take a can of antiperspirant spray deodorant of any brand and apply it to the armpits. Sometimes, it will take proper effect and do its purpose. Sometimes though, the stuff will instantly flake off, appearing as white specks on the floor. It happened this morning before work, but when I applied more just now, it stuck to me absolutely fine. There is no varying factor on what I do before applying deodorant. I always have a shower beforehand.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I got this a few times. I know "Sure" does this alot, even with minimal amount applied. I prefer to now use roll-on's.
    Sometimes deoderant makes my armpits literally squirt sweat.
    if you give them a relly big shake before spraying they usually dont do this, and make sure the can is vertical.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I hate this kind, they make my skin stick. Especially at the armpits, it's like I've applied glue.
    There is a mineral that is used for deodorant that is free of perfumes and chemicals. You might like to try that. Called Crystal Rock.
    There is a mineral that is used for deodorant that is free of perfumes and chemicals. You might like to try that. Called Crystal Rock.

I use that - costs like £5 for one stick but so far I think it's lasted me over a year.

It doesn't stop you sweating, it stops the bacteria under your arms from multiplying and then causing smells.

If you don't sweat much then it's ideal.

Remember there is a difference between the terms deodorant and antiperspirant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deodorant
    At first, isn't it a bit on the armpits?