Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shes making me so jealous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and this girl keep getting really close, and then we drift apart because i end up stop talking to her simply because of the things she does. For example when im out with my mates, they'd ring her and she'd talk to them all for hours right in front of me.. they dont know i like her, but i dont know how to explain to her that i hate it that she talks to literally ALL of my best mates on msn, on the fone, bebo etc all the time! it does my head in, she knows how much i like her and she says she likes me more but yet she laughs and jokes around with my mates, it hurts inside and ive been getting rate depressed about it tbh :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shes probably just not as serious about you as youd like her to be. I dont think shes actually doing anything wrong but it sounds like youre being more possesive than is reasonable
  • TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi there,

When you're getting to know a girl and perhaps hoping that a special relationship will develop between the two of you, it's easy to feel jealous of other people she spends time with.

However, if jealousy isn't kept in check, it can sometimes become a destructive force. It could be that this girl isn't interested in a serious relationship right now (in which case, it's up to you whether you want to continue to pursue her or move on), or it could be that she just sees your friends as her good mates as well. Either way, if you try to stop her talking to them, it might lead to her resenting you.

Instead, you might want to focus on making your own relationship with her special - there's lots of things you could do here, including taking her to new places (TheSite.org has an article on dates which might be useful), and just spending time getting to know her better. You might find that, with time, she doesn't pay so much attention to your mates, or that you'll both be able to reveal your feelings to your friends anyway.

Hope it all works out for you!
    me and this girl keep getting really close, and then we drift apart because i end up stop talking to her simply because of the things she does. For example when im out with my mates, they'd ring her and she'd talk to them all for hours right in front of me.. they dont know i like her, but i dont know how to explain to her that i hate it that she talks to literally ALL of my best mates on msn, on the fone, bebo etc all the time! it does my head in, she knows how much i like her and she says she likes me more but yet she laughs and jokes around with my mates, it hurts inside and ive been getting rate depressed about it tbh :(

She's not doing anything wrong. It's better a girl gets on with your friends than hates them.

You need to chill out.

If she was shagging all your friends, then you have cause to be concerned, but then again, you're not dating her so none of that matters!
    Hmm sounds like it's the mates that are the problem not the bint!

And if you like her and she likes you....Why aren't you together?!? Once she is with you, you can ask your mates to back off little if they are overstepping the mark.

You could just come clean and tell your friends you like this bird and they are ruining you getting close to her. If they are true mates they'll get the hint and back off. If they (girl + mates) are making you the object of their jokes then you need have words with them.

It's cool if it's all friendly banter get stuck in. Make a joke of it too!
    Thanks for the advice people. Much appreciated :)