Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help! about salvia!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys.. I'm new here and I wanted to tell you guys how I like the forums so much!!!

By the way, I need help about salvia... is it possible to have negative effects on this? because my friend oversees wants to take one and i'm not so sure if it sells at her place. she says she found this one site, a salvia divinorum store and she's planning to get one... i'm just not sure if it's a good idea and i want to stop her, that's why i need your help on this and tell her the bad effects of it... sooo i do you guys can share your input on this one.. thank you so much!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes it is entirely possible to have a bad experience, it is a very powerfull hallucinogen, I would not recommend it to anyone who is not experienced.
    budda wrote: »
    Yes it is entirely possible to have a bad experience, it is a very powerfull hallucinogen, I would not recommend it to anyone who is not experienced.

It's not often I come across people who claim to have had a good time taking Salvia. In fact, most of the people I've spoken to who've taken it seem to have had an actively bad time.
    It's not often I come across people who claim to have had a good time taking Salvia. In fact, most of the people I've spoken to who've taken it seem to have had an actively bad time.

I agree, I dont actually know anyone who has used it and enjoyed it.
    Jump around YouTube, you'll find a lot who seemed to enjoy it.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

There are a few 'case studies' on the links I posted above who seem to like it too ... I have never personally tried it. But then, I'm a good boy. :angel:
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

Some people enjoy having four rent boys in football shirts crap on them, it doesnt make it a good idea.
    budda wrote: »
    Some people enjoy having four rent boys in football shirts crap on them, it doesnt make it a good idea.

or equally a bad idea for that matter,
    ETA, I havent tried it but to be prepared for it to hit you hard, my mates experience was as he described like beeing a puppet with a large force pushing down on him. he said it was crazy but worth trying i suppose,

ETA: The Drugs Don't Work,
    You might wanna have a look at http://www.sagewisdom.org (http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html) it has a lot of info on there, well worth spending a bit of time reading it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    :s
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    First ried it at Homelands. Really wasn't the best place to try it. It blew my head off, and there's nothing I liked about it.
    Have done it once or twice since but quality can differ so much. I've had exract that's done fuck all, yet the time at homelands I smoked just leaf.
    Weekender Offender 
    i have tried it a few times and had a mad experience! you have to be prepared and open minded, as long as you are aware that you are going to feela nd see thingsthat may not be true, hence being open minded, if you are the type to worry alot or doesnt like change then i think you should steer away, and always be round people that you trust 100%, leaves no room for anyother unwanted head fu*k....
    ive done it a few times biut i wouldnt do it again! the last time i got locked in a strange bathroom because the door handle was broke...it was horrible!:shocking:
    I know some people who enjoy it - the experience is pretty interesting and revealing at least! If your friend hasn't had any experience with any other less intense hallucinogens it could be more likely that she would have a bad time as the effects are so pronounced. I wouldn't say a bad experience was inevitable though.

I really wish people would stop posting silly videos about it on youtube - these people are just aiding its likelihood of becoming illegalised in more and more regions of the world.
    hey guys, check out this site I just found: www.salviasociety.org* I heard about it on Fox News last night. The guy who owns it was talking how he's trying to stop legislation in different states from banning the herb.* I hope he succeeds, meanwhile they just banned it in my State (Minnesota)
    :mad:
    Spam and an old thread, but...

When I've tried salvia in the past it was amazing and very much enjoyable. The trip was both physical and visual in nature - I broke through and felt like my entire being was turning itself inside-out surrounded by fountains of light, followed by uncontrollable laughing fits as I came to. I'd say it was as powerful as when I've done DMT. Probably not for the faint hearted or trip-naive!
    ive tried it four times, 3 amazing trips, really good, from falling inside my bedroom wall, from my room extending 30 feet longer as my mate dragged me along the floor, from being in a tunnel of flowing liquid colours with the occasional weird object floating past while laughing uncontrollably and my arms melting to the armrests like glue.

Ive had some real fun on it and i had one bad one as well where i got para and kept saying !dont look at me!

THe thing i would say is it only lasts 5-10 minutes and your back to normal, one mate went so weird on it its still to this day the funniest thing ive seen in my life, it can change your voice while your on it, but i see a mate go really scared on it before and i felt terrible for him, he started crying and asking for his mummy (hes in his 30s).

I aint done drugs for years now and stay away from the lot, but that one is really powerful. you MUST be around people you trust and somewhere cosy and relaxing if you do intend to try it. make sure someone straight is around that will stop you doing something silly :thumb:
    It's true you need to be in a safe place with people who arent going to mess with you and will make sure you dont stand up and fall over. Also music plays a big factor, if you have loud hateful music nothing good can come from that. I always play something smooth like jazz or trance. Also if you guys are going to buy Salvia online make sure and read about it first before you make your decisions. That way you can choose the right potency for your first time. There's a great article about how to Buy Salvia Online that I think everyone should read before their first go at it.
    :yippe:
    That link you gave Sally is really good and explains it well.

Quite interesting the part where it explains what the drug actually does to your brain, although it also says about the drug being a drug of personal discovery, not sure i agree with that lol, its more like a drug to discover surreal illusions.

Thing is, theres no way anyone can get a real idea as to what its like from reading our experiances as they dont come close to when your actually on it.

It wasnt like i was actually aware i was on it while i was on it, i couldnt think, im on salvia and im tripping, i was just tripping, only when it was over i thought wow, that was fucking incredible, now im back in the room haha
    When taking salvia, you are strongly recommended to be with another person who is NOT taking it to make sure they can look after you. So this stuff is serious, and apparently salvia has been linking to teenage suicides so I get you can get a bad trip off it too. :wave:
    Salvia is the furthest I've ever been from reality before. The shit I smoked was really strong, and I forgot not only who I was but what I was, what a person was, what things like "leaf", "tree" and "stone" were. I could see these things I just didn't recognise them or understand what they were, what their purpose was. It would have been terrifying if I remembered what "terror" was... so odd, it's indescribable.

I've done it four or five times and I'm leaving it alone. I'm glad I've tried it, it was a very profound experience, but I'd never call it a recreational drug.

I'd say do it, if you don't like it it's very brief, but have a sitter with you (who knows how to keep his mouth shut for ten minutes) and do it somewhere you will not feel self conscious or be bothered. You need to be allowed to go into your own space, but you also need someone there in case you decide to go play in traffic. You probably won't though, most people who take it are too fucked up to move at all.