Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why mdma is the question

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MDMA will give you a comedown after a while. Careful with it, it can really fuck you up if you go too mad on it.
  • Options
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    That's actually quite misleading.

MDMA is relatively safe (in terms of the number of people who could have a fatal reaction to it). The problem with pills is that they do not often contain MDMA - they can contain a range of chemicals from MDMA, MDA, MDBD, various other derivates of MD**, speed, DXM, PMA and other stuff which you might usually find beneath your kitchen sink.

It's these latter substances that represent the danger, rather than MDMA.

I have never heard of DXM ever appearing on the market in the UK and the other varients of MDMA are actually quite rare.

I agree that when talking about the safety of MDMA one must take into account the variable purity of pills but actually finding one which has dangerous adultarents is quite rare.

Quite possibly the most common and more dangerous additive is MDA, which is harder on the body and also raises the body temp higher, thus making neuron damage more likely.
  • Options
    Does MDMA lose it's potency if not stored correctly? When I bought it the dealer kept it in the fridge but I didn't keep mine in the fridge because I didn't think my housemates would appreciate me storing class A's alongside their cheese and milk. Just wondering if this will have any adverse effect on the substance.
  • Options
    MDMA is very stable
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I agree that when talking about the safety of MDMA one must take into account the variable purity of pills but actually finding one which has dangerous adultarents is quite rare.

This is the problem, of course. You may well have taken pills with a dangerous adulterant (I like that term) in them and simply not known it, and just put it down to having crap pills.

I agree that they're probably comparatively rare (bad business for dealers if their customers drop dead), but the danger is there, unless of course you make your own.

As for MDMA, Blagsta's right - just don't store it anywhere damp or in direct sunlight (quite why anyone would anyway I've no idea).
  • Options
    Dissolve it in water then store it if you are that worried about it.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Does MDMA lose it's potency if not stored correctly? When I bought it the dealer kept it in the fridge but I didn't keep mine in the fridge because I didn't think my housemates would appreciate me storing class A's alongside their cheese and milk. Just wondering if this will have any adverse effect on the substance.

your dealer rather doesnt know its stable, or it could be cut with something that needs to be kept chilled. was it damp powder?
  • Options
    your dealer rather doesnt know its stable, or it could be cut with something that needs to be kept chilled. was it damp powder?

No, crystalline solid.
  • Options
    Should be alright then. Just don't put it anywhere damp or hot.
  • Options
    Finished the rest of what I had last night while out clubbing. Was an excellent buzz and I'm very impressed with it as a drug. I got all the fluttery eye effects again but it was a very smacked out buzz. I enjoyed it but probably not the best for clubbing. I'll probably wait a while before I go hunting more down because it's far too cainable.
  • Options
    Know what you mean about the 'smacked-out' feeling. It does have to be said that I prefer MDMA in a houseparty environment, unless mixing it with speed/base for the energy.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Finished the rest of what I had last night while out clubbing. Was an excellent buzz and I'm very impressed with it as a drug. I got all the fluttery eye effects again but it was a very smacked out buzz. I enjoyed it but probably not the best for clubbing. I'll probably wait a while before I go hunting more down because it's far too cainable.

Agreed, I'm strangely finding myself more and more drawn to it too lately, what a wonderful, wonderful experience.
  • Options
    Shulgin has said that if they put some MDMA in the piramids you could pull it out now and it would probably be ok.

If stored in a dry cool place out of the sun it will virtually never go off.

And definately there is no point to putting it in water, I fail to see what that would acheive.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    And definately there is no point to putting it in water, I fail to see what that would acheive.

As we know, the crystal is water soluble. The theory is putting it into water as a kind of suspension in order to preserve it, then using extraction to retrieve it later.

Personally, it's pointless (as both you and I have said), and the extraction method would be a bit of a pain.
  • Options
    Why would it be anymore stable in water?
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea.

Like I say, I dunno why anyone'd bother.
  • Options
    I suppose it would be easier to dose in liquid form, you could measure out ml easier than you could mg.
  • Options
    mdma powder dosage

hello, i have been a regular ish user of pills for the past couple of years, maybee 1 or 2 every few months. i have got hold of some mdma powder and i wonder how much to take.

i have looked on various forums and sites for an answer but all i get back are estimates in mg. i don't have scales that sensitive, but i want something more specific than the suggestion of just putting a small dap on the end of my finger.

although i know you are going to say 'well i cant tell you because i cannot be sure of the purity'. despite this last coment, you would probably suggest to a first time pill user to take half then have more halfs if they wanted. how much should i take so that i can increase the amount as i wish.
    cheers D.S :)
  • Options
    between 75 and 125mg is the active dose.

You can attain this easily dividing what you get into equal(ish) piiles, so 1g = 10 little piles. It takes a while, but is a decent way making sure you get around 100mg (an ok starting dose).
  • Options
    i dont see why people would store mdma in water to be honest???

BUT i was told that if you get a glass of hot (but not burning obviously) water and dissolve a dose of mdma in it, it will bring you up within minutes and the effects are alot stronger...so the last gram of mdma i got i split into 8 lines and dissolved one of them in the water and downed it...TRY IT...i was coming up within a couple of minutes and the buzz was intense!...this happens because hot water dissolves straight into the bloodstream therefore the mdma getting to your bloodstream quicker. i seriously suggest you try this at least once!
  • Options
    Who stores MDMA in water? This is a very old thread mate...
  • Options
    If anyone's worried about MDMA crystals with a brown/orange/red tinge to them then an acetone wash will clean them up really nicely leaving you with pure white crystal and alot of 'crap' removed.
  • Options
    Because the molecules are protected from air, heat etc. and are surrounded by molecules they don't react to.

MDMA is stable outside of water though, so there's no need to store it in water. LSD however....
  • Options
    Who stores MDMA in water? This is a very old thread mate...

very good thread. minus the bull shit
  • Options
    If MDMA is the question, what is the answer?
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    If MDMA is the question, what is the answer?

entheogens, free and legal ones, must be true, i heard a girl on youtube yack about them. neuro soup for anyone interested, its not gospel.

curiosity killed the cat, but im a dog ???????
  • Options
    wazabob wrote: »
    Please can someone explain the full logistics of this mdma, i mean i take pills you see(ecstacy) and everyone is talking about this new drug, i know that mdma is the ecstacy but its just pure, but then some other people say its not pure? god its just confusing me this drug, what do you recommend or think about this powder form mdma

I tried it for the first time on saturday night and it was pretty powerful stuff. What I liked about it was I didn't look anywhere near as messy as I do on pills, I looked pretty much normal. I felt a bit different to how I do on pills but I was so drunk anyway and probably just wasn't used to it.

EDIT: sorry didn't realise this thread was so old !
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    LSD however....

That's why Micrdots were always good. I found they kept better than blotters.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    a stranger in the midst.

Hey, im new to this forum which i stumbled across quite accidentally and found it to be quick informative and funny so i thought why not so i joined. I am relatively new to mdma/pills cause i was strongly apposed to any sort of straight up man made chemical but a year ago having returned from a Bright Eyes gig, me and a mate were at his house where he produced a bag of beans and i finally thought fuck it why not and took a half. 30 minutes later i was sorely mistaken kept saying 'Why did no one tell me it was this good.' And since then i have tried mdma and its pretty cool, the first time i took it the next morning i was right as rain, the only thing i would say is careful with the doses cause its quite wavy, one minute your climbing the walls :shocking: and the next your quite sober.:eek2:

Sorry to bend your ears so much. :D

Ashley.

www.myspace.com/blankslate101