Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

"we need to talk about your future". . .

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a student, but over the summer have a job in the bar of a country pub/hotel. It's pretty big so I hardly ever see my main boss, I mainly just ask the bar manager if I have any questions. However I saw her today, and she asked if I was around tomorrow. I said yes as I'm working tomorrow afternoon then she said 'good because we need to have a talk about your future'. What exactly could she mean by this? :confused:

It could just be that she wants to know the dates I'm going back to uni and things. However a couple of days ago I learned that they've hired a new full-time bar person, which gives me a horrible feeling that she's going to sack me before the end of the summer. I've got another whole month and a half to go before uni, and I need more money! :nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They can't just sack you - it has to be for a reason. However, many bar;/hotel contracts are stupidly small (like 4 hours a week) and then they give you more but if they want to they can drop you down to 4 hours. She probably just wants to know when you're leaving
    it's tomorrow... how did it go?
    They would still have to give you the required notice period, i know thats only a week or so in most bar jobs though.
    Nutter wrote: »
    it's tomorrow... how did it go?

My boss came down to the bar about 10mins before the end of my shift, and I thought here we go :nervous: and then...she just walked off! Made some small talk about the weather, but that's all she said. Good in a way, maybes she's forgotten. But more likely is that I'll have to wait to Monday, which is when I'm next in, to find out exactly what she meant. So hang on 2 more days and I'll let you know!
    u shudda just asked...better than worryin over it for the next 2 days!

good luck x