Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can you still apply for a job after the closing date?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help! I've found a job advertised at a place where I used to work 2 years ago. I loved working there and really enjoyed the job. I left to go travelling etc. Anywho, I came across it this morning and it's more or less doing what I did before so I have relevant experience of the company etc. However, the closing date was yesterday, sod's law or what?! :banghead:

Should I still apply?? Has anyone applied for jobs past their closing date?

I figured I might be alright because it'd only be a day late, plus it's the weekend tomorrow so they might not look at job apps til monday? :chin:

Anyone got any advice?

x

Comments

• Options
    I'd definitely apply, but on the covering letter explain that you know its a day late but you only just saw the notice and because of your relevant experience/interest in the job you wanted to apply anyway. Whats the worst that can happen? At least you're still getting a shot at it
  • Options
    :yes: Totally agree with the above. For all you know, all the other applications they get might be rubbish - in which case if you've applied and explained why yours is late, I reckon they'd definitely look at it. Even if that's not the case I still think it's worth a go.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking. Guess I won't know if I don't try!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Yep, you have nothing to lose :) Good luck!