Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finding time for The Site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do people find the time to use The Site?

Do you, for example, have a schedule: maybe Monday you spend half an hour reading it, Wednesday you make posts, Friday you read it half an hour again.

Or do you confine use to weekends?

Or is it simply just whenever?

Not a sarky question, genuinely interested.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I check a few times a day when I have access to a computer (so daily :))
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    This is the internet, it's not serious business.
    Just come on when im bored or have nothing better to do, so generally evenings at the moment
    icey wrote: »
    Just come on when im bored or have nothing better to do, so generally evenings at the moment

^ This
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    If find myself having a lunch break (doesn't happen often) AND I'm in the workshop I might check up.

When get in from work and before I go to bed are generally the time I check.
    Weekender Offender 
    Haha, I can't remember the last time I posted so I clearly don't make time for thesite anymore.

It used to be when I had a lot more free time or was sat around doing not much - I'd just be surfing the internet, end up checking in here and spending hours! Now I'm sat at a computer all day replying to e-mails, and my laptop is broken, so I'm much less likely to go and sit in a different room at the desktop and consciously come on here.
    I often have a quick squiz on the internet, usually have a look at a couple of forums i have been known to frequent (including thesite)

Sometimes i come and have a search if theres a random piece of advice im after, usually its allready been posted about before, which helps. If it hasnt, its easy enough to ask.

So quite a bit i guess, more so this week as im off work relaxing.
    Generally the forums are open in a tab in the browser and a pc is always on, so whenever I have a spare 5 mins either at work or at home I have a look round and post if there's anything I feel like commenting on.
    Not setting aside time specifically, but do post and read some if it's very quiet at work or at home.
    When I'm bored at work and Bebo is gubbed.
    Hmm just been for a run, and here I am again.
    During Uni term time- not even once a week unless I have a query that I'd like advice on.

During non term time- If i have a query, or am bored!
    i tend to put off other stuff to make time
    I'm only on here when I'm supposed to be doing something else that involves my computer.
    There's no set schedule for me. It depends entirely on what exactly I'm working that particular week. For example, if I've just spent around 14 hours in the arcade, I'll probably be far too knackered to go online.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    This is the internet, it's not serious business.

Granted, but it might still help when you decide to use a forum, certainly if you don't get much free time.

I ask this question, because I'm thinking if you didn't use this site consistently, only every now and again, you wouldn't get a lot of out of it. So it needs to be kept up.
    I don't post as much as I used to, was always on it.

Mainly post now whenever i decide to have a look about. Used to always come on drunk when i came in at night. But don't usually come home at night anymore.
    I don't post that much, but I do like to read. Only just got a wireless connection for the first time ever. I'm working funny hours at the moment, hence being online in the very early mornings.
    Often when I come home from work I will sit down in front of the computer and catch up on my forums and check MSN. Right now I am killing time before going to work.

It's also nice to veg out online for a while before life continues.
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Often when I come home from work I will sit down in front of the computer and catch up on my forums and check MSN..

Same here. Coupled with times like now at work where I'll come on for a quick browse.

I don't post anywhere near the amount that I used to, but i still read a lot of threads.
    WLH wrote: »
    Granted, but it might still help when you decide to use a forum, certainly if you don't get much free time.

I ask this question, because I'm thinking if you didn't use this site consistently, only every now and again, you wouldn't get a lot of out of it. So it needs to be kept up.

Interesting point - I think the more you use a community the more you feel a part of it - but I think there are plenty of people who use the forum to ask just one or two questions and get a lot of hearing other's viewpoints and suggestions for dealing with the issues troubling them
    I mean i lurked around for a while before i even registered, at first just so i could see what i had and had not read.

Then after a while i started posting.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote: »
    I mean i lurked around for a while before i even registered, at first just so i could see what i had and had not read.

Then after a while i started posting.
    I pretty much always do that with forums.
    i lurk quite regularly but have become rather addicted to World of Warcraft lately so haven't been here as often

i currently read whenever my character is on a flight lol
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its ADDICTIVE I TELL YA
    Because I love being here. It sure beats the boredom of insomnia when a downer hits, I log in and stay, feeling among I'm friends even if I don't know them.

Poppi
    Well I aint posted on here in donkies. To be honest, it's cause I got bored of here. Which I'm sure has happened to a few who have been here for a few years now. I'm back just recently, cause I'm outta work until I leave for Oz. So got time to waste and t'is place can be interesting + super helpful when it wants to be :)