Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

iphone dead :<

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well not dead as such heres the story

it got wet on a fishing trip a while back after we had to save mon mate from drowning stuck it airing cupboard, hoorah it lived again apart from the lock/sleep button refused to work anymore so was happy enough.

Then stupid me the other week managed to upgrade it to the latest frimware so tis now locked as i was using it on t mobile, not too much of a problem i thought as i'll just use pwnage tool to unlock it alas i did not know you had to enter it into dfu mode which needs me to have a working sleep button

so to the point is there anyway i can get this thing unlocked again cause at the mo tis rather an expensive paperweight :no:

many thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well coming from an iPoT user, you should of used ZiPhone - It's designed for jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones :)

Where as Pwnage is just jailbreaking,

Link
    I used ziphone on mine, it does everything in one click (after updating the firmware).
    ok so if mine has been updated to the 2.0 firmware will it unlock/jailbreak and activate it for me?

thanks for the replys so far
    Yeah, as long as you have restored to a untouched firmware you can then 'touch' it (jailbreak)
    Also consider getting it repaired under warranty ;)