Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

that stupid and he wants to run the country

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If he had run the chain through the frame and one of the wheels, it would have meant whoever took it wouldn't have been able to ride it.

But if he simply chained the frame to the bollard, well... that's very silly if you ask me :D Not sure if that is what happened though.

Still, the brunt of the blame should be with the fucking thief, not with him.
    There's always something to chain your bike to at the supermarket. The place they keep the trolleys for a start.

precisely I always look for a post that is taller than anyone can rech to the top of preferably with a large sign on it or something that is not open ended like the trolley stands dare I say its comon sense (not that I see much of than in ANY politician)

I'd agree with previous statements cameron just wants to get in with the people the only things i have ever heard him say are to criticise and make fun every time i here him stand up in parliment its just to take the piss the one time he agrees with brown its because brown stole his ideas I mean please what does he want to be a serios politician or a stand up comedian ? its real funny to hear him chant how conservative is winning bielections because we like his ideas, its so obvious what is happening: people just wany to get rid of labour. my local council is conservative and I've never known such a bunch of uncaring money grabbing bastards.
    Boris Johnson has had his bike stolen on 7 seperate occasions. Now that's stupid.

I'd still vote for him as PM :thumb:
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'd still vote for him as PM :thumb:

only cause he'd make funny comments every so often ;)
    Tbh, I think it's naive to believe that anything that comes out of Cameron's mouth hasn't been carefully screened for possible political implications. When he says that his favourite song is Eton Rifles, I don't take that as a musical recommendation, I wonder what sort of image he's trying to portray by saying that. To me, it's just another example of Cameron trying desperately to connect with people who would never usually vote Conservative.

Which probably sums up everything that comes out of Cameron's gob. I think for him to tell us all what a great song this was doesn't show he's 'connected with the common man', butinstead shows how silly he is. I don't think he had any idea what he was letting himself in for, given the sentiment behind that tune. What next? The Queen announces she's got the Sex Pistols on her new iPod?

Though back onto bicyclegate I'm guessing Cameron can use this lastest thing to his advantage really "Oh, I know what it's like to be a victim of crime etc etc....."

I don't think the Tories are winning necessarilly because of their 'policies' either. Unless some pople in this country really are most stupid than I imagined.
    well the BBC radio news reported exactly that he locked it to a bollard and that it was lifted off.

No it doesn't. It says he locked it and "someone must have come and picked it up". Nothing about bollards.

he actually makes a good case for secure cycle lockers.
    D'aww, look at that sweet little couple.

I might even vote blue.
    "Thanks to the "street contacts" of "local community elder Ernest Theophile" who is 60".

Oh my. So much going on in that once sentence.

I wonder how many times his house has been burnt down by readers of The Sun.

I hope he doesn't have a lisp.
    15057418.jpg

It's impressive to have such an smug look on your face while being chased by hovering paparazzi.
    Steve87 wrote: »
    I don't think the Tories are winning necessarilly because of their 'policies' either. Unless some pople in this country really are most stupid than I imagined.
    They're not. The Tories have yet to convince me that they are now an alternative to this government. In most policy areas, you can't put a cigarette paper between them and their friends in New Labour. Peter Hitchens often argues in his columns that David Cameron likes many of this government's policies and he is right. Always remember that Cameron views himself as the "heir to Blair". We've already ditched one God-awful lying scumbag - why the hell do we want to elect another one?

No, the reason the Tories are doing so well is because this government is so unbelievably shit. Look at the Glasgow East election last week. Did the SNP do well because there's suddenly a huge clamour in Scotland to break up from the United Kingdom? As if. At the moment, independence is pretty low on the Scottish political agenda, because Salmond knows he'd lose a referendum on the subject at this time. The reason the SNP won is because people are absolutely fed-up to the back teeth of New Labour and its countless failed policies. This was exactly how people felt before John Major was thrown out of office in 1997. Exactly the same fate awaits Macavity, and there is nothing that Labour can do about it. They are finished.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    No, the reason the Tories are doing so well is because this government is so unbelievably shit. Look at the Glasgow East election last week. Did the SNP do well because there's suddenly a huge clamour in Scotland to break up from the United Kingdom? As if. At the moment, independence is pretty low on the Scottish political agenda, because Salmond knows he'd lose a referendum on the subject at this time. The reason the SNP won is because people are absolutely fed-up to the back teeth of New Labour and its countless failed policies. This was exactly how people felt before John Major was thrown out of office in 1997. Exactly the same fate awaits Macavity, and there is nothing that Labour can do about it. They are finished.
    Agree. Most elections are usually lost by the government in place rather than won by the opposition.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Agree. Most elections are usually lost by the government in place rather than won by the opposition.
    Either way, David Cameron is going to be the Prime Minister in a few years. The debate in the Labour Party about whether to keep or ditch Macavity is irrelevant - even if they do make Man of Straw their new leader, they are doomed to electoral annihilation. Gordon's biggest mistake was not calling for a general election last year, when he would have won easily. This mistake will now, barring a miracle, destroy this government.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Either way, David Cameron is going to be the Prime Minister in a few years. The debate in the Labour Party about whether to keep or ditch Macavity is irrelevant - even if they do make Man of Straw their new leader, they are doomed to electoral annihilation. Gordon's biggest mistake was not calling for a general election last year, when he would have won easily. This mistake will now, barring a miracle, destroy this government.

Fuck sake, I feel like kicking you in the teeth sometimes! Har har!
    Whowhere wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It says he locked it and "someone must have come and picked it up". Nothing about bollards.

I/m refering to the radio report I heard and they said that he chained it to a bollard
    Whowhere wrote: »

erm did you read the article about him getting it back ???? it plainly staes that it was found with an INTACT lock so no they didn't cut it to get it and low and behold it says that HE CHAINED IT TO A 3 FOOT BOLLARD are some people hard of hearing or do they like to ust have it yhgeir own way.

but of course this forum and its members are always the same............................

oh and the honerable man has done over 1000 miles on it wohe I've done about 20'000 miles to and from work and I'm much younger than he but then if your a politician you only get a bike when it helps your image....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Tory-Leader-David-Camerons-Stolen-Bike-Found-In-Side-Street/Article/200807415057403?lpos=Politics_1&lid=ARTICLE_15057403_Tory%2BLeader%2BDavid%2BCameron%2527s%2BStolen%2BBike%2BFound%2BIn%2BSide%2BStreet
    erm did you read the article about him getting it back ???? it plainly staes that it was found with an INTACT lock so no they didn't cut it to get it and low and behold it says that HE CHAINED IT TO A 3 FOOT BOLLARD are some people hard of hearing or do they like to ust have it yhgeir own way.

but of course this forum and its members are always the same............................

oh and the honerable man has done over 1000 miles on it wohe I've done about 20'000 miles to and from work and I'm much younger than he but then if your a politician you only get a bike when it helps your image....

Try using punctuation please? :)