Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Florida Weather in August!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok im going to Florida in 3 weeks!! And i no that it like always rains loads every afternoon. I was wondering what people usually do when it rains? Going to Orlando btw!! Do you go back to the hotel? take shelter while it rains?? or like go shopping or something??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i was in florida for 3 months over the summer last year - and yes, it generally rains every day! usually for only brief spurts around 3-5pm.

and i seriously advise that you just get under shelter when it does!! the rain there is so heavy that it will drench you within seconds.
    - even those mac things u get (the ones u wear on water rides so u dont get wet) dont help!!
    the rain never lasts for long tho, and once its gone its generally gone for the rest of the day. sometimes it doesnt rain in the afternoon tho and it gets u in the evening 7-9 so be aware :D

oh yea and also, it depends on where u are as to what you do when it does. water park it obviously doesnt matter, but if ur in a park then just go into a cafe and eat - if ur near a shopping mall then do that.. its just the same as when youre at home and it rains i guess. just do whatever!
    I went to Orlando on holiday last year during the last week of August, and the weather was lovely. There were a few storms at night, and you could stand on the balcony and see them in the sky miles away.

The only time it rained was when we went to Busch Gardens at Tampa Bay and the sky literally opened up. The rain over there is like someone throwing never ending buckets of water over you. Just find a cafe or somewhere indoors! It's not cold rain lol, so its not that unpleasant :P
    I went to the Florida Keys in August (many years ago, now) and we had a mixture of gorgeous, scorching weather and then 2 hurricanes and a tropical storm! August is slap bang in the middle of hurricane season, so you might want to take some stuff to do indoors for a day or two if you get caught up in one.

Yeah, it does rain every day, but like someone else said, it's not awful rain - it's so warm you feel a bit like you're in the shower. We used to go swimming in the rain - we were wet anyway! And never tends to last that long. Plus it's pretty humid, so you're generally pretty grateful for a downpour!
    soraliah wrote: »
    water park it obviously doesnt matter

I went there many years ago and we were out in the waterpark and there was very strict announcements to get out the water whilst it rained very heavily.
    Tweety wrote: »
    I went there many years ago and we were out in the waterpark and there was very strict announcements to get out the water whilst it rained very heavily.

yeah, it started pouring it down when i was in typhoon lagoon last year haha and they told everyone to get out, but i think its more if they think theres going to be thunder and lightning because its dangerous. well thats what i assumed anyway. we just went for a look in the shops.

its crazy the rain in florida like people have said, it doesnt rain for long but it pelts it down! a few times when i was in the park i just left myself get wet because i was so hot and it cooled me down! haha :]
    Haha same place we were at.