Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stretchmarks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone tell me.. do proper stretchmarks appear overnight or do you get the beginnings of them and then they develop more?

I do have stretchmarks on my hips/thighs from rapidly putting on weight when I first when on the Pill but that's eight years ago and I can't remember how they developed.

I'm just concious that my boobs are getting bigger quickly and, as well as not really wanting stretchmarks anyway, I'm wearing a low cut dress for my sister's wedding in the middle of Sept and I won't be able to wear it if my boobs look like a road atlas! I've never had stretchmarks on my boobs so I don't really know where they'll appear.

I have Bio-oil on standby. Think I best start using it tonight!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bio oil is definitely supposed to be good for them. Use it preventatively rather than after the event
    Yes i would say slapping on all the anti streach mark products you can before the event is definately the way to go. My mother in law used baby oil every day when she was pregnant (4 times) and never got one streachmark - though i think admittedly she is a bit of a freak.

But definatley go for the prevention option rather than treating after the event!
    stop eating so much
    CoolMiguel wrote: »
    stop eating so much

prat
    stop eating so much
    She's pregnant
    Ha, imagine how poor plastic surgeons would be if it only took a few extra cakes to get bigger boobs! :D

I've recruited my blokey to assist with the application of said Bio-oil ;)
    Coconut Butter is really good, too. My sister swore by it when she had stretchmarks with my nephew! :)
    Bio oil is good and i am plastering in it in the hope i don't get anymore this time round!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    stop eating so much

I guess it's possible that the aim of this post was to be funny? Unfortunately it doesn't quite come across that way. A little sensitivity wouldn't go amiss tbh.
    i think if you're meant to get them then you get them but, moisturising does help prevent them a bit. A lot of people i know swear by bio oil, so i used it on my boobs, tum, hips and bum last time round and didn't get stretch marks anywhere apart from all over my tummy!
    i think it is largely down to genetics. If your mum has got them, youre likely to get them too.

I have got them on my boobs, bum and hips. Funnily enough i didnt get them on my tummy really
    Hurrah, I've just asked Mum and she said she's only got a few on her tummy. There's hope! :)

I'm sure many people would be offend by CoolMiguel's comment, but my bloke has found it hilarious that CM is the first person in 24 years to tell me to eat less (I'm a size 6 ;)) hehe :D
    stretch marks

Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com
    i dont actually believe that any cream will get rid of them tbh because its the skin damaged through several layers.
    You may be able to prevent them, but if youve got them youve got them
    a lot of people i know swear by Strivectin SD, which is a cream and it does work. But it costs an arm and a leg and you cant use it while pregnant.

I'm waiting to have this one then im going to put it to the test.