Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Power Points on Virgin Trains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I read there's power points for laptops and mobiles on standard class - is that a normal wall power outlet or something like they have on some airplanes?

Also do they have internet access onboard?

I know some other companies provide it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't know about internet access, it was an option you could pay for when I used them a couple of years ago, but the power points are bog standard 3 pin plugs.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Full traditional powerpoints on all Virgin Trains services in first and standard class, with the exception of one afternoon service to Birmingham and back. If on a Pendolino head to coach G which is declassified first class for the summer!
    I'm so dim i thought power points were some kind of virgin nectar points loyalty scheme thing.....
    JsT wrote: »
    Full traditional powerpoints on all Virgin Trains services in first and standard class, with the exception of one afternoon service to Birmingham and back. If on a Pendolino head to coach G which is declassified first class for the summer!

Why do they turn 1st class into standard class for the summer?

How do I know for sure they've been declassified? Do they have signs on the inside or outside?
    in order to make extra standard class seating as more people will want to make trips on the train during the summer, and probably fewer business people will want to use them. If JsT has just told you they've declassified Coach G then you know, and you don't need signs ;) but yes I imagine there will be a sign on the door.
    Just being careful cos when I was iccle we jumped on the Gatwick Express and some moron rail employee was giving us a hard time for jumping on to the first class section and made us move into another carriage but leave our luggage behind. So these days I a bit more careful about where I get on. Never been on a Virgin train ever!!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    DG wrote: »
    Why do they turn 1st class into standard class for the summer?

How do I know for sure they've been declassified? Do they have signs on the inside or outside?

More recreational/leisure travellers and less business travellers. First class seat available for standard passengers, there are signs in the vestibules and amended headrests. Some peak services will not have it declassified neither will the 1651 Euston to Birmingham and 1900 return (uses older stock). If in doubt ask on board staff.
    I once got on a Virgin train one coach from the front. Looked left and saw that it was first class, so turned right. I then walked through 3 more first class coaches with a massive bag, and finally sat down in regular class. Everyone else did the same, then the driver decided to tell everyone that they could sit in the first class coaches without a ticket. I couldn't be arsed moving at that point though, and was sat next to quite a hot girl, so I stayed where I was.