Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Murdering bastard is captured

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7518543.stm

Best news I've heard in a long, long time.

Hope he rots in jail.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7518543.stm

Best news I've heard in a long, long time.

Hope he rots in jail.

Let's hope so.
  • Options
    Thought they hanged such people?
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote: »

No, capital punishment is illegal throughout the EU.
  • Options
    thats a shame
  • Options
    thats a shame

That depends entirely on your point of view. I have always failed to see why if the state kills someone its seen as acceptable, but murder is wrong.

This man should have a long time to think about his crimes in jail before he gets judged by his god or gods.
  • Options
    It's far more satisfying to see him rot in hell for the rest of his natural life than ending it prematurely anyway. That's the easy way out.
  • Options
    Not at all. Capital punishment is illegal in the European Union. On one level, this is unfortunate. Nobody would seriously shed a tear if this evil man were to have his neck hanging around a rope. On the other hand, he would be given an easy way out. Put him on trial, and make him spend his sentence in one of the harshest prisons in the world. Make him live every single day in fear of his life - he deserves nothing less.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    It's far more satisfying to see him rot in hell for the rest of his natural life than ending it prematurely anyway. That's the easy way out.
    So true.
  • Options
    This is true. but ofcourse he would spend a fair amount of time in custody during his trial period and then probably some time in a cell before he was eventually executed (like in US death row).

Just think it would be fitting for him to face a similiar fate that his victims did!
  • Options
    Just think it would be fitting for him to face a similiar fate that his victims did!

The thing is, no method of death would ever be fitting. The atrocities wrought on a thousands of people cannot be revenged on him.

If it could be done, it would be far better let him sit in a cell and be bombarded with the images of his actions for the rest of his waking life.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    The thing is, no method of death would ever be fitting. The atrocities wrought on a thousands of people cannot be revenged on him.

If it could be done, it would be far better let him sit in a cell and be bombarded with the images of his actions for the rest of his waking life.

Exactly, if you are going to go down the revenge route how do you take revenge for thousands of innocent lives? You can only kill him once.

On a similar note, does anyone know when Charles Taylor stands trial?
  • Options
    I can't really comment on this story because I don't know the ins and outs. Infact I never even heard of this guy.

... and you guys aren't helping to educate me cuz you've just turned this into a "What punishment does he deserve" discussion. :yeees:

What did he do exactly? I gotta do my research on the Bosnian War. I remember it constantly being in the news when I was younger, but I admit its something I know very little about.
  • Options
    Republika Srpska didn't look too good on his map so he took a shit on the Dutch then killed a few thousand Bosniak males.
  • Options
    I dont know, let a horse rape him, a dog bite his balls off, then set him on fire?
  • Options
    sanitize wrote: »
    I can't really comment on this story because I don't know the ins and outs. Infact I never even heard of this guy.

... and you guys aren't helping to educate me cuz you've just turned this into a "What punishment does he deserve" discussion. :yeees:

What did he do exactly? I gotta do my research on the Bosnian War. I remember it constantly being in the news when I was younger, but I admit its something I know very little about.

In a nutshell Yugoslavia started to break apart, with first Slovenia and then Croatia declaring themselves independent. The Serbs, who were the biggest group, were narked and there was some violence (especially around Croatia), but then Bosnia decided to declare independence. Bosnia was basically split between the Moslems, Croats and Serbs and soon a nasty three way war developed. The Serbs with the firepower of the JNA (the Yugoslav National Army) behind them, started to gain the upper hand.

They then started to burn out, murder and rape the Moslems and Croats (who did the same, but to a lesser extent). After a series of nasty atrocities and with Sarajevo (the Bosnian capital) under brutal siege the EU and UN dithered until finally they decided to put in troops to try and keep the peace. There were a series of peace deals which didn't get anywhere, but to protect civilians the UN guaranteed a number of safe areas, including Srebrenica.

This was 'protected' by the Dutch. The Serbs started to put pressure on the Dutch and they withdrew. The Serbs went in and approximately 8000 Moslems, ranging from teenagers to old men, were taken away and murdered. Karadzic was the political leader of the Serbs at the time.
  • Options
    are they moslems or muslims?
  • Options
    are they moslems or muslims?

There do seem to be a couple of ways of spelling it, but the meaning is the same. I'd stick with Muslims though.
  • Options
    The correct spelling is Muslim.

The 'MUS' in MUSLIM rhymes with the 'PUSS' in PUSSY CAT... (sorry I couldn't think of any other word that rhymes!)

That's the correct way of pronouncing it.