Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stretching Jeans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a pair of skinny jeans that I absolutly LOVE, but they're getting a bit small now. So small in fact they actually makes my legs ache when I wear them, and when I take them off it's like ahhhh. But I really like the look of them, is there any way of stretching them? Obviously without splitting them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stretching them length ways or like so they are bigger around the leg?
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Stretching them length ways or like so they are bigger around the leg?

So they're bigger around the leg. They're fine in the length, and round my waist, it's just they're pretty tight all down my leg. I know they're skinnies so they're suppose to be, but they used to fit me fine before the take-aways and wine took hold at uni :blush:
    erm..diet a bit? No offence intended, just like you say - they used to fit before you ate loads of takeaways and the like..
    aside from wearing them alot so they stretch (which you have probably already thought of) then i dont know
    Afraid there's not much you can do. You could try stretching them out while they're still wet, but I don't know how effective this would be on denim.

Good excuse to go shopping for some new ones, no? :yippe:
    icey wrote: »
    erm..diet a bit? No offence intended, just like you say - they used to fit before you ate loads of takeaways and the like..
    They can shrink!
    lea_uk wrote: »
    They can shrink!
    Well they're not gonna fit regardless of how much the op tries to stretch them then are they if thats the case :razz:
    icey wrote: »

I agree..either lay of the takeaways or buy a new pair!
    stand on the bottoms of the legs and try to jump like you're about to fly whilst recording, then upload to youtube - jobdone
    Are they all cotton or do they have lycra or spandex mixed in? When I don't do laundry and I have to shove myself into some ill fitting jeans I stick both legs into one leg and force them up as high as they'll go, then do it to the other leg... but mine all have usually1-2% of some kind of stretchy material mixed in so they do that nicely.

I can't throw away perfectly good clothes, they might fit again one day:lol: and I hate laundry... I have an excuse :p

And if you don't feel too gross doing it, don't wash them after ever wear, cuz that always shrinks them back up to their normal size :p
    Yea they're definitly always tighter after washing them, and looser after i've been wearing them, but not loose enough! Looks like a hopeless case then. Yea I can buy some more, it's just the I really love this pair they just used to fit me perfectly, and finding a really good pair of jeans is quite difficult.

Also just to clarify, I'm not a HUMUNGOUS living off alcohol and takeaways person and trying to fit myself into some skimpy clothes :p . I'm just more of a size 10 now and used to be more of a size 8, and don't want to say goodbye to my favourite jeans
    all might not be lost though! Try the above '2 leg' method as well as putting things down the legs when you are wearing them(rolling pins etc) just around the house of course! Dont wash them properly just wash the areas that get a bit mucky and clean the crotch with sponges should be fine and clean!