Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

japan at christmas/new year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i thinking of going to kyoto from the 20th dec to the 10th jan.

unlikely, but has anyone got any experience of being in japan at this time of year? would it be a bit weird being the during christmas and new year? anything i should watch out for?

thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can't advise you but how awesome! I so wanna go to Japan too ....
  • Options
    Bear in mind that Christmas isn't a massive holiday in Japan. But New Year is apparently huge.

Photos of New Year in Kyoto.

Although I stumbled across this:
    For single women in Japan it is really crucial to have someone to spend Christmas eve with. It is also really important for them where they spend Christmas eve and what present they receive. The whole evening must be very special, gorgeous and romantic. Japanese women who have a boy friend tend to show off, so women who don't are not happy to talk about the topic.

Wahay, get over there. ;)
  • Options
    Bwah wah. I wanna go...
  • Options
    It will be very cold and snowy - so it might be worth heading up to some of the ski resorts over the actual christmas period.
  • Options
    I might be there for a month at the start of next year sometime, my girlfriend has family there. I don't know an awful lot about Japan to be honest, I think the seasons are similar to the UK?
  • Options
    yeah seasons are at the same times as the UK, except its hotter summers and colder winters.

Im deffo going now. Ive spoke to my friend. Going to book the flight next week hopefully.

can't wait!
  • Options
    drumbeat wrote: »
    yeah seasons are at the same times as the UK, except its hotter summers and colder winters.

Im deffo going now. Ive spoke to my friend. Going to book the flight next week hopefully.

can't wait!
    Even I got excited just reading that. hahaha