Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

m25

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok going to thorpe park on Weds....I want to get there for 930...but need to go on m25....i know this is errible in the moringins....so what do you reckon...do i go early ealry like on m25 for 7 or go a bit later and get on it for like 9? or will it not make a difference?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Depends where you are going from.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Or go the back way, depending on where you're going from, thus avoiding it altogether.
    You really can't predict what the M25 is gonna be like, from my experience certain parts are crawling until about 10.30am and then start getting busy again at 3pm. On the other hand, sometimes you go at a time when you expect it to be really busy, and it just isn't.

As others have said it depends where you are coming from, if you're only on there for a few junctions then it shouldn't be too bad anyway, just a bit of extra time spent in the car. It can be just as busy at 7am as 9am so my advice would just be to leave yourself some extra time but don't bother going ridiculously early because you can't guarantee you'll save yourself anything by doing so.
    Check travel bulletins before you set off, have another route in mind- I hate motorways, as there's nothing more fustrating than sitting in traffic for hours. Try the route planners on the internet, or just look at a map for other journey away from the M25.
    Super_Star wrote: »
    Ok going to thorpe park on Weds....I want to get there for 930...but need to go on m25....i know this is errible in the moringins....so what do you reckon...do i go early ealry like on m25 for 7 or go a bit later and get on it for like 9? or will it not make a difference?!

http://tinyurl.com/5cjprz
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    M25 is always heavy traffic but moves OK unless there's an accident. Apart from the north section of the M25 which is always shit morning rush hour.
    Weekender Offender 
    Super_Star wrote: »
    Ok going to thorpe park on Weds

Hurrah. Thorpe Park beats the crap out of Alton Towers :)