Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I hate my job!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate my job so much! I'm having to cold call people today and I fucking hate it, even though it was said in the interview that I wouldn't have to. Gah I hate it I hate it

Its £15k a year though and I can't really afford to be on any less because I'm saving for a house at the moment :( Maaaaaaaaannnnnn

Just a rant :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know it's a rant, but...is it in your job description, cold calling people? If it isn't I'd bring up that it isn't one of your duties.
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I know it's a rant, but...is it in your job description, cold calling people? If it isn't I'd bring up that it isn't one of your duties.

I work for a very small company and my job description is basically anything and everything. I have to work in an office with my boss so I don't really want to make things uncomfortable by refusing to do it :(
    I've been there and done that, its horrible spending the whole day bothering people.

Is there anything else around which you could apply for?
    kangoo wrote: »
    I work for a very small company and my job description is basically anything and everything. I have to work in an office with my boss so I don't really want to make things uncomfortable by refusing to do it :(

Ah, that sucks :( Like budda, I've been there and it's horrible. One shift I called for 4 people that had died and for one of them it was very recently and got an earful from a grieving wife :/
    budda wrote: »
    I've been there and done that, its horrible spending the whole day bothering people.

Is there anything else around which you could apply for?

Not anything that I'm qualified for and that pays as much as I'm on now. I'm thinking of going back to uni at some point but for now this is paying the way

People get really rude on cold calls and even though I know its not personal it gets me down!
    I don't really like my job either and it's only part time thank god! :) A good friend of mine says to me just try and leave your work at work. Don't let it interfere with the rest of your life.