Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you work, but not in an office?

Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
Hiya,

I’m currently working on an article about Health and Safety at work. If that sounds as dull as dishwater, it’s probably because you work in an office where the worst accident you can have is tripping up over someone else’s briefcase (does anyone actually have briefcases these days? Ponders).
But Health and Safety is much more relevant if you work in the construction, manufacturing, transport or food and retail sectors.

So I’m looking for anyone who’s been involved in a Health and Safety issue at work; either been in an accident or been involved in minimising risk or being responsible for it.

Would be great to chat to someone, and ideally we’d like to get you recorded for an audio podcast.

Drop me an private message, preferably with a phone number or email, and I'll call you or drop you a line.

Cheers,

Olly
Editorial Manager at TheSite.org

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll PM you at some point, but an interesting one for you, I work for a large company in the petrochemicals type industry. We run plants that have potentially pose significant explosion risks, design, manufacture, construct and commission plants on all scales and across global operations our main European office has the worst safety record.

The accidents and incidents happen in the office because people aren't careful, whereas site is safe because people take more care.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Could potentially help you with the transport one, just not gonna be contactable by phone for the next couple of days though.
    I could help you, but I'm not sure if it's what you're after. (child care)
    Worked on a building site a few times, privately hired so Health and Safety rules were non-existence, was scary at times.