Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Italy to fingerprint all men, women and children of Roma origin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7500605.stm

What next? Make them wear the equivalent of yellow stars on their chest?

What an evil fucking cunt that fascist, racist piece of shit is :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with you, but the motive painted by the BBC is different to the reported 'anyone without official documents'. Whose right, or are they the same thing?

Say I was running a holiday camp, everyone came in with passports etc but there are 5 people who turn up without them. Is it wrong to take their fingerprints as an alternate method of formal identification? :chin:
  • Options
    If I was running that holiday camp, I would be content to just take their money.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I agree with you, but the motive painted by the BBC is different to the reported 'anyone without official documents'. Whose right, or are they the same thing?

Say I was running a holiday camp, everyone came in with passports etc but there are 5 people who turn up without them. Is it wrong to take their fingerprints as an alternate method of formal identification? :chin:

even people who have been resident there for over 50 years who are legal citizens are having it done

at the same time, the italian supreme court has ruled it's legal to discrimate against roma people as they're all thieves
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/01/italy
    The court of cassation decided this did not show Tosi was a racist, but that he had "a deep aversion [to Roma] that was not determined by the Gypsy nature of the people discriminated against, but by the fact that all the Gypsies were thieves"
  • Options
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKL1676461820080716

This seems to suggest that totalitarianism is more acceptable than discrimination.
  • Options
    Musolini would be proud :rolleyes:
  • Options
    obiously its never reported that these children are used to beg and steal and are beaten if they return home with not enough (sometimes a week wages in one day !) Italy is infamous (or should be) for being very poorly regulated and controlled, the mafia practically control sicily and naples and illigal imigrants are a matter of fact, police will be well aware of many illigal imigrants and do nothing about it.

Personally I'd do a similar thing here to gypsys why can't i work in peace without the worry that if i turn my back gypsys will come along and steal a couple of thousand pounds worth of scrap and I'll loose my job but of course they are a minority and nobody must speak against them well I've got news ! I'm a flipping minority too !