Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ipod nano 3rd gen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I'm going on holiday in 7 weeks (fingers crossed) and want to take my ipod. I've been looking at travel chargers but there are sooo many to choose from, whats a good one?

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Travel chargers for what? You mean so you can charge your ipod overnight say? Do you use your computer to charge your ipod now?

Just clarify for me (the dumb blond) . . .
    What does travelling have to do with your iPod? Sorry but I'm too not understanding.
  • Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    You can use something like this to charge your ipod whilst travelling.
    I want to be able to charge my ipod when on holiday, won't have access to computer
    sorry for not making sense
    No problem - I thought that was what you meant!

I had this problem a while ago when I first got my first ipod - a mini and I ended up buying a wall charger off ebay like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-Mains-UK-3-PIN-Wall-Charger-for-iPod-Nano-3rd-GEN-3G_W0QQitemZ190231222303QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190231222303&_trkparms=72%3A640%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

and then use a plug converter adapter thing. So you just plug your adapter into the two pins, then the above charger into the adapter and wallllaa - charging. Alternitivley, the best ever ever ever purchase for moi and meine ipod has been a docking station. I plug this in through the adapter, and I can play my music in my room, bathroom and even on the balcony on holiday and it charges the ipod at the same time. With having the dock now I haven't used the wall charger for aggess.

Yes, Now I'm Blabbing :razz:
    Thanks, I was thinking about a docking station but there are so many, anyone got a good one, cos I want a decent one rather than having to buy 2 not too good ones!
    When I got mine I thought it was amazing! Now, a couple of years on it is a bag of shite, the sound is rubbish and its battered and worse for use! I need to invest in another.

If I was you, and buying a new one now I would probably spend some time trawling google for user reviews, amazon in particular.

Other than that surely you can go somewhere like PC world and buy and try and take back if you don't like it?

To be honest, unless your like mega good and can tell "good" from "bad" quality like some can but yeah, they're pretty much all quite good I think.
    Has anyone bought a docking station & speakers from ebay? I've been looking but dunno if they will be any good, only want it for 10 days when I'm on holiday so don't wanna spend a fortune!!