Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trip of a lifetime...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So for my graduation present my dad has said he'll take me on holiday wherever I want to go. I'm obviously EXTREMELY excited about this as there are many, many places I want to go to. I was wondering if you guys had been to any could give me a few good points and bad points, and maybe some recommendations.

+ LA - I've always wanted to go and check out this place. It's so mad and unreal I think it would be great to experience. Also I'm a massive fan of old Hollywood and would love to see where it all began.

+ Mexico - I love Mexican food and the beaches look fabulous, but I want to do more culturey stuff as well.

+ NYC - Always wanted to go back here but I wonder if I just want to go shopping....

+Japan - My friend wants me to go to Japan with her but as it's a very expensive place I was wondering if I should take advantage of going on this trip.

+India

+ Somewhere in South America.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    I've been to a few of these places, and like yourself would love to go to the others. I think a lot depends on how long you're going to spend there and what you want from the holiday.

LA - Amazing place if love movies, celebrity and beaches. It's not as concentrated as cities like London, Paris or New York. But there's lots of little pockets to visit like Santa Monica, Hollywood, Malibu and Venice Beach.

Mexico - Great for partying, so if you're going with you're Dad it's probably not the best place to let your hair down. Cancun is an amazing place to go if you want to have a crazy partying holiday.

NYC - An incredible city which is great for shopping, seeing tall buildings and watching TV shows being filmed. I'd highly reccomend it for a weekend or a weeks holiday.

Japan - I've never been but have heard great things. A massive cultural holiday where you'll see things you've never seen and meet people who live a completely different lifestyle.

India - Never been, but I'd love go. I think this is another cultural journey and you'd need a couple of weeks to take it all in and appreciate it.

South America - A very uplifting country with amazing people and a wonderful attitude to life. I went to Brazil during the carnival and would have to say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Maybe have a think about what kind of holiday you want and do some research on them and what's on when you want to go.

Hope this helps

:thumb: