Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can you mix alcohol and ecstacy?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Mxing the two massively increases the risks.
    Ecstasy is a drug you'll get most out of if you've not been drinking.
    As a first time user it really would be silly to mix them. Best to get some experience and learn about how ectasy effects you before mixing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lacrymosa
    lipsy wrote: »
    lacrymosa

heh, i think most people realised that, i think she wanted advice about alcohol and ecstacy more though ;)
    heh, i think most people realised that, i think she wanted advice about alcohol and ecstacy more though ;)

:cool:

in answer to the question, yeh i think you should have a few drinks before you take the e because it will relax you and you'll be in a good state of mind to take it. but don't be really pissed and take it, just tipsy ya know. once you've come up you'll probably feel the need to drink water anyway altho the odd drink won't hurt. i love the taste of jd and coke when i'm up.

i've given up the drugs now though, they're bad for you mmkay.
    I don't know anyone who doesn't mix the both, I always done but it's a lot less safer than just trying it on it's own and as it's your first time you might want to see if you like the ecstacy buzz first before you start mixing.
    lipsy wrote: »
    lacrymosa

That joined over 4 years ago? Doubt it.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

lol ok.. :lol:

its pretty darn obvious actually! not that it matters really. I just like to state the obvious sometimes..:razz:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Given how many other usernames she's had, I don't :p.
    Franki wrote: »
    Given how many other usernames she's had, I don't :p.

I'm actually going to interactively seperate you two!

If it is you Stacey then I hope you aren't feeling pressured by your new boyfriend to do it. I'm not trying to be all anti drugs but it seems like you are pretty vulnerable right now so I think you would need to think carefully about whether you want to experiment right now. It's upto you however!
    I haven't met anyone who doesn't drink and drop.
    Is there any science on this?
    Most people who havnt done E would say dont do it. Many many, probably almost all have mixed or do mix. It does greatly increase the risk, just be aware of how you are feeling and what you are doing. If you are dancing around loads and swetting your arse off, you are probably getting dehydrated
    never took e's in my life without drinking .. mostly proper heavy

who gives a wingding
    You can and a lot of people do but it does increase the risks. Given it is your first time I would advise against it.
    Worrisome

I don't know what all this fuss is about: Es are harmless as are most of the party drugs these days - the only drug anyone should be worried about taking is LSD - there is no hand-holding on that!
    Cheers.
    Es are harmless as are most of the party drugs these days

This is a rash statement - just because a drug doesn't frequently lead to catastrophic outcomes doesn't mean it is harmless. First of all, any scientific evidence about the harmfulness of MDMA as a chemical needs to be qualified by the fact that what is sold on UK streets varies from batch to batch in terms of whether it contains all or part this chemical, one of its relatives or another substance entirely.

Second of all the overwhelming profile of usage in this country is poly drug use - using lots of different drugs, in a large doses. Most of these combinations are impossible to subject to scientific systematic testing, so we can only make inferences and alot of the anecdotal stuff from long term poly users paints at best a picture of some mid term effects and in cases of psychosis among young people drug use is indicated in a majority of these.

My views on the harm of MDMA relative to other substances has been well documented over the years on this board, but don't go running away with the idea that it is safe or that you aren't messing around with things that can have serious consequences, especially for those who overdo it (which is, sadly, most users).
    Alcohol & Ecstasy

I agree with your legitimate concerns regarding the dangers of using drugs which younger users may or may not know the makeup of. But assuming the drug is what it is meant to be (Ecstasy, marijuana etc) the user's mindset is what is important and filling the novice's mind with horror stories etc is not what is required. The fact still remains (assuming that the drug IS what it is supposed to be) that compared to LSD, Ecstasy is by far the less "mind-wrenching", so reassuring the user that everything will be OK is of more importance, also assuming he/she has no history of mental illness or suchlike.
    The concern here should be that in the recorded deaths from Ecstasy in the press, these have resulted from dehydration, probably due to excessive consumption of alcohol without sufficient fluid intake.
    actually a great many have been from hyponatremia- drinking too much water.

No quite, filling peoples heads with horror stories is not right, and thats not what I was suggesting. I agree with your point about the relative psychological effects of LSD.
    Also worth pointing out many ecstasy related deaths are caused by hyperthermia.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skinner wrote: »
    I don't know what all this fuss is about: Es are harmless as are most of the party drugs these days - the only drug anyone should be worried about taking is LSD - there is no hand-holding on that!
    Cheers.

Depend on what risks your talking about.
    The risk of death from LSD is nil. That cannot be said of ecstasy.
    But LSD is more likely to negatively impact your mental health.

It's swings and roundabouts.

Neither of them should be considered 'harmless' though, because they quite clearly arn't.
    Weekender Offender 
    Also worth pointing out many ecstasy related deaths are caused by hyperthermia.

Yes this is also important to remember (although its "hypo"thermia :razz: )
    Yes this is also important to remember (although its "hypo"thermia :razz: )

hyperthermia is overheating, hypothermia is being too cold.
    He was actually:thumb: correct
    :banghead:

Sorry that was me not paying attention - thats a really terrible mistake to make actually but yes this is correct;

hyper (an excess or rapid acceleration of)
    hypo (an absence or acute reduction of)

I feel quite silly.
    I feel quite silly.
    It happens to the best of us. :)