Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Selling pics- how much?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm in the process of selling my photographs in a shop, i hope to expand it eventually, but I'm wondering what the best price should be. I am selling them as postcards and maybe as prints around 12''x8''... i need to consider cost of making them, time spent, and obviously try to make a small profit.
What do you think would be the best way to figure it out? I'm really quite bad at maths and that, so any advice, help, links etc would be appreciated. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Work out the cost of setting all this up including your time as a factor by breaking everything down, then look at rival businesses/sellers and check their prices/offerings then you should be able to find if your idea is profitable or not
    thanks icey. it's difficult not to put a big amount on the price tag, but i know i need to start small then increase it as time goes on.
    I can imagine..
    No doubt you'll be wanting to sell your pictures at lucrative prices cause well...they're your photos, you've put the effort into them so they're like your pride and joy...most buyers however will feel otherwise and not many places can get away with big price tags so like i said before, check out the competition/their prices/how they work.
    Research into the things they do well and the things they do not so well, look at how you could improve in both these areas and also think about how you differenciate yourself from them