Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help.... I am Movin myself to London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, I have recently diecied to move on and move my life to London xx I have got a few house shares in line and I am going to go and get a job with the NHS and transfer the one I already have but as I have to wait so long for the checks i need a job in london just to keep me going is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance and advice ... thanks s

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stabproof vest, rape alarm, pepper spray, etc..
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    stabproof vest, rape alarm, pepper spray, etc..

I've lived here 18 years and i'm not dead, raped, knifed or mugged yet :p
    I would join an agency - however the only problem being that its now summer in London and there are lots of students out there looking for jobs so you might not find one willing to take you on.

Otherwise there are lots of job opportunities - maybe try the evenign standard if you want just general work - or there is always McDonalds etc.

Also its worth checking your local paper in the area your moving to
    Hiya, I have recently diecied to move on and move my life to London xx I have got a few house shares in line and I am going to go and get a job with the NHS and transfer the one I already have but as I have to wait so long for the checks i need a job in london just to keep me going is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance and advice ... thanks s

Yeah, don't be scared or put off by the size of the place, not how hectic is can be, as you will soon adjust.

There is always a load of bar work going - also, check on http://www.thegumtree.com as they have jobs listed on there.
    im moving to london n all come october time :thumb:

havent even started thinking about what im going to do job wise. perhaps i should start looking :nervous:

If you have an NHS job, could you not temp for them in London? I know agency nursing is always in demand and pays well.
    budda wrote: »
    If you have an NHS job, could you not temp for them in London? I know agency nursing is always in demand and pays well.

Good point!
    In general go for any London postcode that isn't in E or SE and NW10 should also be avoided otherwise NW postcodes are usually ok.