Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

anyone used epoxy resin to make stuff with?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry if this is in the wrong place, its not like we have an arts and crafts forum (but maybe we should?)

i want to make myself some jewellery using epoxy resin but i don't really know how...

and i want to use some sweets in jewellery but i just want to coat them in something...what do i coat them in?

and if i'm drilling holes in things, do i need a special drill or just a drill bit that works?

danke mucho

Comments

• Options
    Google 'resin tutorial'. There are looooads of them littered about the tinternet. Here's one, but it's not great:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254029.0

Try using polyurethane varnish on your sweets - I used this when making earrings out of pills and it worked pretty well. You may need a good few layers though. I got it from Hobbycraft in the geeky model section.

Any drill bit should do you, but normal drills are usually a bit clumsy for jewellery. You may have more luck with one of the smaller ones - JML used to do one with loads and loads of bits in a case for about 9.99, which I used for such things and it worked really well :)
  • Options
    thank you very much...

but any idea where i get the bloody resin so that it doesn't cost a bomb and doesn't come in more than a litre (and i think that will be too much anyway)
  • Options
    My friend made herself a lovely bracelet of Liquorice allsorts a couple of months ago and she just used clear nail vanish :p

Quite a few coats though.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Google 'resin tutorial'. There are looooads of them littered about the tinternet. Here's one, but it's not great:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254029.0

JML used to do one with loads and loads of bits in a case for about 9.99, which I used for such things and it worked really well :)
    I always wondered who bought those things! :D :P