Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Head's wrecked..:(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi not really sure why Im posting this but think maybe the more i get it out the better ill feel. So at the end of March I met-and started going out with-what I Thought was this amazing bloke..funny,sweet,kind,thoughtful..and we spent loads of time together. About 3 weeks ago it all started going a bit wrong and he started having to go away for work a fair bit and just not taking time aside to spend with me and i was getting sick of it so i finished it. Ive been pretty down about the fact it all went wrong so fast cos thought we had something really good and didnt really understand what had happened,but it was 3 weeks ago so was just about getting over it. Then 4 days ago i got a message on facebook totally out of the blue from a girl saying shes his gf,shed just found out about me and him,and saying that basically hed obviously been cheating on her with me this whole time..she also said that he has a 2 yr old son by a whole different girl!! I know i wasnt with him for long but all this informations just totally messed me up..all the nice times we had,all the times he made me believe i was his girlfriend,were all a total lie!! I just feel so depressed about this and just dont know what to do..id just got over this finishing but the thing that got me through was 'ah well at least we had good times' and now i feel like i have to work at getting over it all over again cos not even the nice times we had together were real,and he was never even my boyfriend at all!! Feel like everythings turned all crazy and upside down :(

Comments

• Options
    You poor thing - you've obviously been through a shock and its tainted the good times that you shared with this guy. Are you 100% sure that what this persons said is true/that there story is genuine?

Regardless, at least you know the truth and it will help you to overcome what's happened - this person was obviously no good and its come as a shock. You need to look out for yourself, let yourself get upset about it, get some friends together to support you, treat yourself and generally look after yourself. It will become easier, and its easier to say now but it will get better. Just give yourself time to heal; regardless of what you now know, you shared good times and you weren't a fool - he was obviously a complete player and its not your fault for not discovering. At least you know now and not a year down the line, had you stayed with him.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    What a villain. Sorry to hear about all that. He's not worth your thoughts though.
  • Options
    What a twat! :( That must fucking suck, I feel for you.

Yeah the best way to try and think now, is forward. At least you found out now and it didn't get any further with you guys.
  • Options
    Yeah everything youve all said is true,which i know logically,but just cant stop feeling so sad..i guess itll pass eventually. Apparently he also got 3 other girls pregnant,but must have been that they didnt keep the babies,obviously,cos hes only got the one kid. And yes,malteser,i have no reason to doubt this girl..of course its difficult cos neither of us exactly know the whole truth,we just sort of know the truth as he showed it to us if you see what i mean,But his gf and i have actually been in touch quite a bit since,kind of trying to piece together the truth and she sounds pretty devastated about it all,and i made it clear id already finished with him before she found out there had been anything going on with me and him,so i cant see she'd have any reason to lie. But yes,suppose at least im not in her situation..i feel cut up enough about it but shes been seeing him for 2 years apparently..:S what a bastard..:(
  • Options
    Aw, HUGS, what a complete arse-hole, you deserve much much better. I've had the whole 'ime share' thing happen to me and I was gutted, doesn't help you trust people much. Time is a great healer, as is friends, like monkey says.
  • Options
    Don't feel depressed. Just feel glad that you're now rid of this useless prat.
  • Options
    The girl may be lying. Can you trust a stranger?
    But if not, he's a bastard.
  • Options
    How can you be sure that this stranger is not an ex and just wants to get back at people?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    How can you be sure that this stranger is not an ex and just wants to get back at people?

Because,sadly,it actually makes a lot of sense..he had been more distant and less easy to get hold of in the last few weeks and he used to stay at mine after work at the weekend but he just stopped doing that with little to no explanation,so makes perfect sense he was spending that time with another girl. Also me and this girl have actually talked back and forth about this quite a lot,trying to piece together the truth about it,and she sounds pretty devastated..shes also been really lovely and actually quite supportive to me,not blaming me for this situation in any way,so i have no reason to doubt the fact shes telling the truth. And yes,katralla,i have some problems kind of opening up and trusting people anywyay,so ,Think a lot of me feeling so bad is that i was just beginning to relax and trust him,then it all went wrong and now i know that all the time i was relaxed with him he was lying to me..felt like he was laughing inside at me just for trusting him..:(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this muppet!

He gives us all a bad name. I can tell you that all guys aren't like this...some of us are nice :wave:
    Forget about this jerk, get out there, meet more people and have a laugh. If you meet someone, then great! If not, you'll find someone when you least expect it!

Keep your chin up. Just say...he was a jackass, he didn't deserve you, and it's his loss :yes: Smile and repeat!
  • Options
    FCUK it wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about this muppet!

He gives us all a bad name. I can tell you that all guys aren't like this...some of us are nice :wave:
    Forget about this jerk, get out there, meet more people and have a laugh. If you meet someone, then great! If not, you'll find someone when you least expect it!

Keep your chin up. Just say...he was a jackass, he didn't deserve you, and it's his loss :yes: Smile and repeat!

Thanks..:) Youre quite right..total arse and he really isn't worth wasting too many thoughts on..thanks all you lot for your great advice/support too..has really helped pull me out of it! :) I met him,he didn't turn out to be who he said he was and that's unfortunate but not the end of the world..and no comment on me in any way! Hopefully there *will* be better..:)
  • Options
    Every time i think im getting past this 'relationship',I find out something new that completely throws me and brings me down again...went out last night,spoke to a bloke who doesnt really know my ex personally but the citys very small,everyone knows someone who knows someone,and the ex is quite well known because of his line of work..it turns out in conversation that the ex has a massive reputation for being "a sleazy bastard"..this guy barely knows my ex but clearly his reputations so bad that just about everyone knew what he was like except me!! Which made me realise if some random knows this,then its impossible my flatmate,who knows him considerably better,who i actually asked outright if there was anything i needed to know about my ex when i started going out with him (specifically because i didnt want any nasty surprises),doesnt know this too! I confronted him,he got all defensive and we started having this big shouting match in the street..and he said "well what was i supposed to do? If i had have told you he was a c*** when you asked me,you wouldnt have believed me anywyay"..sorry,but why the fuck did he think i asked him if i didnt really want to know?! :( my flatmate and i kind of talked it out and made up later,but it turns out while my flatmate didnt know everything,he knew my ex was still seeing his gf at the same time as me,but "thought i knew and was ok with it" even though at one time apparently my ex actually said to him "i told hannah i was ill (to make an excuse for not seeing me) and now i actually am ill..must be karma!"!!! :O if he knew my ex was lying to me,in what form of twisted logic did he also think that i knew exactly what was going on and was fine with it?! I liked and trusted this flatmate,which is why i originally asked him if there was anything i needed to know,because i trusted his judgement,and now it turns out as well as my ex lying to me,2 of my flatmates deliberately kept the truth from me and apparently everyone in edinburgh apart from me knows hes a giant sleaze but no bastard thought to pull me aside and tell me..:( i feel like i cant trust a single person any more and absolutely noones looking out for me..just feel really alone.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Every time i think im getting past this 'relationship',I find out something new that completely throws me and brings me down again...went out last night,spoke to a bloke who doesnt really know my ex personally but the citys very small,everyone knows someone who knows someone,and the ex is quite well known because of his line of work..it turns out in conversation that the ex has a massive reputation for being "a sleazy bastard"..this guy barely knows my ex but clearly his reputations so bad that just about everyone knew what he was like except me!! Which made me realise if some random knows this,then its impossible my flatmate,who knows him considerably better,who i actually asked outright if there was anything i needed to know about my ex when i started going out with him (specifically because i didnt want any nasty surprises),doesnt know this too! I confronted him,he got all defensive and we started having this big shouting match in the street..and he said "well what was i supposed to do? If i had have told you he was a c*** when you asked me,you wouldnt have believed me anywyay"..sorry,but why the fuck did he think i asked him if i didnt really want to know?! :( my flatmate and i kind of talked it out and made up later,but it turns out while my flatmate didnt know everything,he knew my ex was still seeing his gf at the same time as me,but "thought i knew and was ok with it" even though at one time apparently my ex actually said to him "i told hannah i was ill (to make an excuse for not seeing me) and now i actually am ill..must be karma!"!!! :O if he knew my ex was lying to me,in what form of twisted logic did he also think that i knew exactly what was going on and was fine with it?! I liked and trusted this flatmate,which is why i originally asked him if there was anything i needed to know,because i trusted his judgement,and now it turns out as well as my ex lying to me,2 of my flatmates deliberately kept the truth from me and apparently everyone in edinburgh apart from me knows hes a giant sleaze but no bastard thought to pull me aside and tell me..:( i feel like i cant trust a single person any more and absolutely noones looking out for me..just feel really alone.

Hi there

It really is a shame when I encounter guys like this who really think nothing of using girls and indeed by what you've said, getting them all pregnant with absolutely no regard for the consequences of their actions whatsoever.

It's very frustrating indeed and shows complete immaturity.

Sadly there is no easy way over this one but a bitter pill to swallow and that you will have to chalk this one up to experience. I'd like to be able to offer some good advice so as much as I can say is try to remain positive and get yourself back into doing things that make you feel good about yourself. Perhaps forget guys for a while and stick to friends and fun - perhaps a physical sport might help.

With regard to future contact with this guy the best thing, as long as you have your closure, which you seem to have, then blank him and move on with your life. I wouldn't delete his number as many seem to do and then forget that number, rather, put an "x" in front of his name, that way if he calls you, then you know not to answer should you so choose.

I cannot emphasize doing stuff for yourself enough as it's important you don't dwell on him.

:)

All the best though.

A.
  • Options
    Time for a trip to the GUM clinic?
  • Options
    Definitely..obviously ive pretty much just found out that his historys changed from 'previously had a steady girlfriend for a fairly long time' to 'spends his free time recklessly shagging his way round edinburgh',so thats clearly a pretty big consideration now.
  • Options
    Absolutely essential !