Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Low cut tops or revealing tops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was showing my boyfriend a top online I really like and wanted to buy for a special evening out we are going to in a few weeks, Its silk very tasteful and very summery, he said he thought it was ok but a bit revealing and low cut and I could tell he didn't like it. He didn't tell me not to buy it and he certainly is not the kind of guy who would tell me what to wear but we had a bit of a discussion, well as much as we could at the time and he said that it was up to me but he personally would prefer me not to wear low cut tops that were revealing.

Without raising the subject with him again, which at the moment I don't want to do until I can speak to him personally can you think of any reason that he might object ? I was planning on wearing it with some wide leg trousers and heels so Its not like I would be showing anything other than a bit of cleavage.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you were planning on wearing it with trousers it should be fine unless it's low cut in a way it wouldn't suit you.
    Thats what I thought too, either legs or chest but not both together, I generally dont over expose myself as far as I am concerned as I am hardly thin and not one for looking in the mirror and not seeing my size.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think many guys don't like their gfs to wear revealing stuff for some kind of jealousy reason. Personally I don't get it, but that's what I've noticed.
    my ex used to have a problem with me wearing corsets out- not like i'm gonna wear them around the house doing the washing up and the laundry.

i can understand why he feels that way, would you like your guy going out dressed provocatively and attracting attention from other girls? Personally i wouldn't mind and it would show i've got good taste in men, but if he feels a bit insecure about it, maybe he has had someone cheat on him in the past, and even though he doesn't think you will, he doesn't want you to get attention from other men. Or maybe he is insecure about his own body?

but remember you have every right to wear what you like (unless thats nothing at all which counts as indecent exposure).
    I think you should have got it, make yourself feel good!
    It entirely depends, there is revealing yet tasteful, then there is just plain laying them out for all to see.

Talk to him about it, make sure he knows how you feel about him and about the issue.
    I think that he may just not want other lads checking you out?
    one of my ex's used to hate me wearing anything that revealed legs and even clevage :S all becasue of him not wanting other guys to look at me.

I think you should explain that your wearing it for you and not for attention etc - as im assuming you dont want attention just want to look nice for your special evening!!

hope it goes well for you!
    Answering twinklestar, your boyfriend might be feeling insecure that other guys will be looking at some of your cleavage being revealed. But you're obviously not dressing provocatively because that would make you feel uncomfortable. And it's not your thing anyway, dressing like provocatively, so why worry?

Go ahead and buy it and next time he sees you, give him a reassuring hug and a loving big kiss and when you're being seen out with him, make sure he's centre of attention. That is what they love.

Poppi