Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Erm....

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Shes only did it three times in nearly 8 years, its hardly a regular day-to-day occurence. Still, I'm sure Jim tried to talk her out of it, but if she didn't want to stay then fair play, they can't really keep people personal information when its not vital and they want it deleted. Clearly you were talked out of it too easily. Plenty of people have had accounts deleted (and I can think of more than once when the same person has done it twice) and nothings ever been said so why the massive agression with everyone. I really dont see the big deal - clearly there are other agendas at play here with plenty of people.

Still the question was asked and answered and the problem solved, time for everyone to put their handbags away.

Padlock time.
    She hasn't been here 8 years, she joined after I did. And it's not like it was three times over the whole period of her being here, it's three times in like a year. If she wanted to leave, then what was stopping her deleting her own posts and information? If people have found out about her TheSite life again then what difference is deleting her account going to make?

Also, the only reason I was talked out of it was because I knew that I would come back eventually and because I knew that I was over-emotional. Had I genuinely wanted to delete my account I would have done, but that wasn't the point. The point was that he said it was a last resort. It's not a last resort if you do it three times, is it? If she doesn't want her personal information on a public messageboard then she shouldn't post it, I'm sorry. I've had people find my account on here and I've had my parents reading things on here about me I didn't like but I knew that that was the risk I took when I made the account.

I've been holding my tongue for far too long but tbh James I think you are very naive when it comes to her. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.
    i don't want to be a twat because i loves ya but james you're only saying that because she is your best mate, if it was anyone else you'd be sounding off.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    She hasn't been here 8 years, she joined after I did. And it's not like it was three times over the whole period of her being here, it's three times in like a year. If she wanted to leave, then what was stopping her deleting her own posts and information? If people have found out about her TheSite life again then what difference is deleting her account going to make?

Also, the only reason I was talked out of it was because I knew that I would come back eventually and because I knew that I was over-emotional. Had I genuinely wanted to delete my account I would have done, but that wasn't the point. The point was that he said it was a last resort. It's not a last resort if you do it three times, is it? If she doesn't want her personal information on a public messageboard then she shouldn't post it, I'm sorry. I've had people find my account on here and I've had my parents reading things on here about me I didn't like but I knew that that was the risk I took when I made the account.

I've been holding my tongue for far too long but tbh James I think you are very naive when it comes to her. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

I can genuinely only think of three accounts which has been removed, unless you can remember more? The timescale is irrelevant, Matt had all his posts deleted twice in three months without barely a single complaint.

People change, people no longer want their info online, plenty of people have had accounts removed for the very reason.

Would I delete all my posts myself? No - why would I remove 17000 myself when I know the mods/admins can do it in about 3 clicks?

The fact remains, whether a last resort or not if someone wants personal information removed Jim can't turn it down. Hes said as much himself.

I am not naive, and I find it genuinely depressing that you think so. I'm just so so so so fed up of you two always at each other, even when she leaves. I just dont understand why it cant just be forgotten as the past.
    omg hi wrote: »
    i don't want to be a twat because i loves ya but james you're only saying that because she is your best mate, if it was anyone else you'd be sounding off.

I wouldn't. I didn't complain when MattLiverpool had his posts cleared twice in less than 3 months. She isn't my best mate anyway - I don't think my flatmate and uni buddies would be happy for one.
    JsT wrote: »
    I can genuinely only think of three accounts which has been removed, unless you can remember more? The timescale is irrelevant, Matt had all his posts deleted twice in three months without barely a single complaint.
    He didn't have three separate accounts deleted though did he? Why get your account deleted if you're clearly going to come back? The last time she did it several people made comments along the lines of "I wonder how long it will last this time".
    People change, people no longer want their info online, plenty of people have had accounts removed for the very reason.
    Three times though? If that was the reason she wouldn't have put it back up again would she.
    Would I delete all my posts myself? No - why would I remove 17000 myself when I know the mods/admins can do it in about 3 clicks?
    She didn't have 17,000. IIRC she barely had 1000. Also, I think it highly disrespectful to ask the mods to remove her account completely three times. I thought accounts were generally deleted on the understanding that the person wouldn't be returning?
    The fact remains, whether a last resort or not if someone wants personal information removed Jim can't turn it down. Hes said as much himself.
    And the fact remains that if she has done it three times in a short space of time it does look a bit like a cry for attention. Weren't her last two accounts deleted because somebody found out about them? In that case, why did she then go on to post pictures of herself all the time and links to her Facebook and other things which could make that happen again? No offence, but surely that would be a bit stupid.
    I am not naive, and I find it genuinely depressing that you think so. I'm just so so so so fed up of you two always at each other, even when she leaves. I just dont understand why it cant just be forgotten as the past.
    Do you know what I'm so so so so fed up of? I'm fed up of people always making ME out to be the bad guy in this whole shitty thing. Tell me ONE TIME James where I have EVER said anything truly offensive to her which wasn't in any way provoked, either by her being rude to me, her invading MY PRIVACY, or her being offensive to other people that are my friends? ONE TIME?! Other than the post I made in that stupid fucking what have you eaten thread last week I can think of fuck all. I was quite happy to forget about "the past" when she rejoined as lacrymosa and I was perfectly civil to her and I was NOT the one who started this shit up again. In fact I was not the one that started this shit up in the first place so fuck off making me look like I'm at fault.

Yes you are naive, and I could give you a whole list of reasons why, but I know you won't listen so I'm not going to bother.
    Okay - well this isn't going to be helpful to anyone from here on in. Like I said we try to talk people out of deleting their posts because of the affect it would have, but if someone really wants it to happen, then that's the way it is. We wouldn't ever want to force someone's personal posts to remain public against their wishes.

But anyway, I think it's best this is closed now - padlock time indeed.
This discussion has been closed.