Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Erm....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Why is the weightloss thread not letting me view the last two pages (100 and 101) :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because someone had their account deleted and the posts went with them.
    I was thinking that too, when I went to post being back on the wagon so to speak I couldn't view the last posts so didn't bother.
    Yeah it was doing my head in too I couldn't work it out!!

I think its cos of Lacrymosa's deleted posts
    :yes: It is, I noticed that in the Glastonbury thread just now too. It's kind of annoying but there's not much that can be done about it I guess.
    couldnt the mods have just deleted the account and left the posts? :p there'd be a lot less confusion that way :(
    I'm guessing she requested her posts to be deleted too
    :yeees: how many times has she done this now? :rolleyes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Amira wrote: »
    :yeees: how many times has she done this now? :rolleyes:
    Not only that, but I remember Jim saying that if it's possible to avoid deleting posts, they'll avoid it. What could be so horrendous to convice them to delete everything (including other peoples' posts by necessity) again and again and again?
    Why don't you just leave it be?
    I am. But I won't avoid the topic either.
    Poking at it isn't leaving it be though! I know you aren't the only one doing it but come on, it's obviously been done for some reason or another and it's probably a private reason between the user and the moderators so it's best just to leave it alone.
    As I said, I am leaving it alone, as in not bringing it up. But I'm not going to treat it as taboo.
    I've ascertained a photo of the culprit.

fat_man_at_computer.jpg
    AARGHHH MY EYES :shocking:
    because to be quite frank it pisses me off that she does this over and over and over and then expects the mods to delete her posts every time she does it. There are stuff i regret posting on here, times when i have been ripped to shreds for far worse than any of the stuff that has happened to her. I have had members post links to pictures of me that are private and i simply asked the mods to remove the links and i left for a while. No drama and no idiocity about having all my posts deleted.

If thats how she feels about posting here and the mods recognise that she keeps abusing their kindness and willingness to respect her wishes, then she should either respect them and not come back or they should possibly think about permanently blocking her IP.

ETA: but thats just my opinion
    A bit harsh, about blocking the IP... It's not like it's a crime or anything. But it is causing problems.
    I agree it is annoying and I don't see why we shouldn't talk about it. But there was no need, NO NEED, for the picture of that man!!
    and for the record for anyone who thinks im shit stirring, im not....i never have been one to cause trouble but this is going beyond the joke.
    I don't think you're shit stirring and I wasn't having a go or anything. I know she's done it loads of times but surely it's just best to kind of ignore it and get on with whatever?
    yes but when whole chunks of threads are missing because her surely its hard to ignore. i wouldnt mind if it was a one off thing, loads of other posters have done it....but she keeps on doing it.
    When others here is being annoying repeatedly in the same fashion every time (don't ask me to name examples, you know them) we don't ignore them. If there's a reason to be different with this specific poster, I don't see it.
    Oh whatever. I just think we should accept it/ignore it/move on etc - is it really that difficult to do that? It's not like she flounced out with a big leaving whatsit and caused a scene!
    Oh whatever. I just think we should accept it/ignore it/move on etc - is it really that difficult to do that? It's not like she flounced out with a big leaving whatsit and caused a scene!

To but in here its because she knows by just going and taking all her posts with her it would have a bigger effect and that is in my opinion is what she wanted. Drama queen from the start.

I'll but out again now :)
    Big drama! I always miss the best bits.
    If someone is adamant that they want their posts deleted then there really isn't any way around that. Whilst we don't like causing disruption the nature of what people post about on these boards does mean we need to respect requests to delete their posts, both legally and ethically.

I'll move this over to 'problems'.
    Going to try to rebuild the thread info right now, which should fix the problem, hold on things could be about to get real slow...
    Okay - the thread should be fine now
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    If someone is adamant that they want their posts deleted then there really isn't any way around that. Whilst we don't like causing disruption the nature of what people post about on these boards does mean we need to respect requests to delete their posts, both legally and ethically.

Absolutely.

Some people need better things to take up their time, rather than wondering why a thread doesn't fully appear and HOW OMFG SOMEONE HAS LEFT OMFG!. :rolleyes:
    Jim V wrote: »

I'll move this over to 'problems'.
    To be honest though Jim, (and I don't mean this in a horrible way but other people have mentioned this as well) I think it is a fair point that it seems to be one rule for most people and seemingly another for her. Rich made the point yesterday that when he asked for his username and posts to be deleted, just as you did when I asked the same, you said it was a last resort and talked him out of it. I'm sorry, but if it's a last resort, then why do you keep allowing her to do it? Why not just tell her that if she wants all the posts gone then she has to go and edit them herself like other people have done? The first and second times, ok, but she's done it several times now and I don't think it's fair.

Just my 2p.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    To be honest though Jim, (and I don't mean this in a horrible way but other people have mentioned this as well) I think it is a fair point that it seems to be one rule for most people and seemingly another for her. Rich made the point yesterday that when he asked for his username and posts to be deleted, just as you did when I asked the same, you said it was a last resort and talked him out of it. I'm sorry, but if it's a last resort, then why do you keep allowing her to do it? Why not just tell her that if she wants all the posts gone then she has to go and edit them herself like other people have done? The first and second times, ok, but she's done it several times now and I don't think it's fair.

Just my 2p.

Shes only did it three times in nearly 8 years, its hardly a regular day-to-day occurence. Still, I'm sure Jim tried to talk her out of it, but if she didn't want to stay then fair play, they can't really keep people personal information when its not vital and they want it deleted. Clearly you were talked out of it too easily. Plenty of people have had accounts deleted (and I can think of more than once when the same person has done it twice) and nothings ever been said so why the massive agression with everyone. I really dont see the big deal - clearly there are other agendas at play here with plenty of people.

Still the question was asked and answered and the problem solved, time for everyone to put their handbags away.

Padlock time.
This discussion has been closed.