Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heroin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I regularly take pills and smoke a joint but I am about to go onto heroin- just to see what it is like. I won't inject it though, just chase the dragon to minimise chances of addiction.I just want to now what the effects of it are like how does it make you feel, how long does it last and what is the come down like. I really don't know much about the drug accept that it is very addictive. I only found out a while a go that you don't have to inject it which was a bonus. I apologise to burnout_girl if this opens old wounds but I really need to know to see if it is worth trying. This experiment will hopfully only be a one off. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    There is no such thing as a one off on heroin. The first time you feel so sick you can't enjoy it and the second time your addicted. You get a warm rush through your viens and it also makes you constipated as it supresses bodily functions. It is also a dirty drug and often adulterated with all sorts of shit. Addiction will kill you and you can really only try it once. Do it if you want but take a very low dosage.
  • Options
    Just to follow up harry's comments about heroin constipating you.

Due to chronic (excruciating) pain, I have to take a legally prescribed controlled drug, that is a morphine derivitive - therefore chemically very similar to heroin.

The constipation this causes is so horrible, I cannot begin to describe.

So regardless of how warm and mellow smack makes you feel, unless you want to spend the next few days picking rock hard 'rabbit pellet' turds out of your arse, I would avoid it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by derby county:
    Just to follow up harry's comments about heroin constipating you.

Due to chronic (excruciating) pain, I have to take a legally prescribed controlled drug, that is a morphine derivitive - therefore chemically very similar to heroin.

The constipation this causes is so horrible, I cannot begin to describe.

So regardless of how warm and mellow smack makes you feel, unless you want to spend the next few days picking rock hard 'rabbit pellet' turds out of your arse, I would avoid it.

I concurr Derby, when Don's pain was at it's worst he was prescribed Fentanyl patches (an opiate) (until he became allergic to the adhesive).

The resultant constipation was excruciating and we had to have the district nurse round to give him an enema (which was also a problem because he couldn't stand at the time, so he couldn't get to the toilet anyway) I won't go into any more details, suffice to say, thank goodness we didn't throw the baby bath away!!!!

J9

• Options
    Difficult one.... trying Heroin once... cos when u try it the first time it's not all that... as Harry said makes u kinda sick... then u wanna do it again cos it wasn't the proper buzz... then u wanna do it again cos it was nice.... n then u getthe memory of how nice it was and even if u don't crave it straight away u still got the memory of it... then u wanna go one step further n inject it... then u will crave it...
    Only try it if ur really strong willed... n u can handle it... but it's just not worth it cos it's always gonna be in the back of ur mind
  • Options
    When I was in hospital the other day there was a herion addict on my ward. Half his teeth had fallen out, he'd been on a script for six years and he had crippling gangrene injuries and walked with a limp. He was in hospital because he had bronchitis from sleeping on the street and was beaten up for owing money.
    It's a shame because he seemed like the sweetest guy, if you wanna go into heroin please be careful, the consequences aren't worth it.

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS THE WORD...
  • Options
    Hi phatboy,

First of all, thanks for condsidering how I would feel about this discussion, but no, it doesn't open old wounds. This is precisely the kind of stuff I want to talk about and we all should talk about.

Heroin, to me, is without a doubt the most beautiful buzz ever. I sometimes wish I could make everyone I know try it so that they will know pure happiness. At the same time, I would not allow anyone I loved anywhere near it.

It is highly physically and psychologically addictive. Apparently you can get withdrawl symptoms after 48 hours of use. But the real danger in my opinion is the instant psychological addiction that keeps you using. I knew the second I got high for the first time that I would become an addict. Imagine a feeling that is so perfect, so beautiful, so calm and heavenly that it feels like your body was meant to feel this way. Could you really walk away and never want to experience that again?

Having said that, there are some people who manage to use recreationally (we call them "chippers") My ex-husband was one. He would only use on weekends, and only once or twice a month. The problem is that you won't know until you try it if you will become an addict or be able to control your use.

In my own experience, I have only met one person who has tried heroin and didn't like it. Mind you, he got violently ill.

As for the method of doing it, heroin users always snicker when they hear that people will just snort it or smoke it. Trust me, we all said that in the begining. It's pretty amazing how quickly one gets over their fear of injecting. I figure this happens for two reasons...the stuff is really expensive, and you will find that you won't want to waste a single crumb and also, the high is far more intense when injecting.

As for the high itself. It is truly beautiful. It's a downer, so you will feel sleepy and dreamy, but completly content with the world. Unfortunately, there are plenty of side effects that come along with the high. There is really awful nausea and vomiting, especially the first few times. Your blood vessels dilate, making you feel very warm. You will have intense itching of the skin, constipation (you can't pee either), pinned pupils, dry mouth, nose and eyes. The high lasts from 4-6 hours.

If you decide to try it, make sure you consider how risky it is. And PLEASE, don't try to do it without someone with experience around. You need someone who can show you how to find a safe dose, and someone who can help you if you OD.

Anyway, I've tried to be totally honest about the drug, both good and bad points. Hope this helps.

• Options
    i've snorted a few times and wanted to try shooting once or twice. however, despite living right outside of a city afloat in dope (chicago), i cant find any. should i just hit up projects? post up on sicero?
  • Options
    or perhaps shut up on an 8 YEAR OLD THREAD!
  • Options
    google brought me here. got a fucking problem? take it up with google. i'm looking for info; not assholes.
  • Options
    i've snorted a few times and wanted to try shooting once or twice. however, despite living right outside of a city afloat in dope (chicago), i cant find any. should i just hit up projects? post up on sicero?
    Looking for sources is against the rules. :thumb:
  • Options
    Looking for sources is against the rules. :thumb:

i'm not looking for a source from this site. i am just asking how you all came by your connects. i'm not looking for a name, a number, or any of that.
  • Options
    Theres some rubbish talked in this thread.

Heroin is marvelous.
    The best drug going.
    It makes you look like a movie star.
    You start dressing realy tight.
    Your flashing your smile.
    Your flashing your cash.
    Your mr cool.
    All inside your head.
    Your wearing chemicaly dark glasses.
    Your having opium dreams.
    Your spared the view
    of the steep hill your carearing down
    and the tainted blood and rattling bones.
    So you still have half your teeth
    Those the acid from the puke didn't get.
    Your going down the hill faster and faster.
    Feels great.
    A fairground ride.
    Feel nothing.
    Comfortably numb.
    If no ones there to put humpty together again
    so what.
  • Options

A) Its bad form to bring up a thread from so long ago, if you started a new thread and asked your question I'm sure you would have got a more polite reply.

B) Asking for sources isnt allowed here for obvious reasons

C) This is a largely UK based site, so most people probably wouldnt even know where sicero is.

In answer to your question - its the same the world over, go to a scummy part of town and ask. But you are quite likely to be sold crap and/or robbed. Oh and there's the whole list of other issues with heroin which I'm sure you are familiar with.
This discussion has been closed.