Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How much stuff do you own?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm packing up my house to move and am astounded by the amount of things I have, especially as I only really use about 5% of it. I've had a bit of a clearout and thrown some stuff away but, I really should get rid of more. I've got diaries from when I was 11, CDs I never listen to, books I never read, clothes i never have and never will wear.... Really didnt think I had so much crap tbh.

Comments

• Options
    I know he feeling. My rooms full of crap :(
  • Options
    I have a 3 bedrooms house full of my stuff - i'm so crap at throwing things out - i really am - i really need to throw so much stuff out but i never seen to get round to it - i took a week off before christmas last year to sort it all out and i got about half of it done - but even then i ended up with a pile of stuff that wasnt crap enough to go in the bin but which really should go to charity or be sold on ebay and its still sitting in a corner of my spare room doing nothing.

One day i'll sort it all out - errrr maybe
  • Options
    I feel guilty just chucking stuff but I k now really it's not worth anything and ifIkeep hold of it with plans to sell it or give it away, it will just end up staying.
  • Options
    I have quite a lot stuff, which I really need to sort out. Hopefully when I'm off soon I might just get around too it.
  • Options
    3 TVs - one's broken and would probably cost more than it's worth to repair, ones too old to connect anything to, and one's my computer monitor which I use. 4 TVs if you include my sisters old one. 2 set top boxes, since I stole my sisters old one.

2 VCRs, none of which I use

3 computers, only one of which I use regularly.

1 printers/scanner/photocopier, 1 scanner and 1 printer which I no longer use, and one surround sound speaker system that came with my old PC that I don't use either.

1 surround sound amp that only has 2 speakers, but I actually use this one.

A Gamecube (with 20 games), an N64 (with about 15 games), a SNES (with about 15 games) and a Master System without any working pads. None of which I've played on since uni.

100 DVDs, of which about 25 have never been watched. I keep saying that I'll have something to watch when I'm off work ill sometime, but I haven't been ill for ages.

3 phones, one of which I use.

I'm just terrible at throwing old stuff out, especially my electrical stuff. It's just such a pain in the arse to sell, and I don't like throwing things away when I spent a lot of money on them. A lot of it's from uni, when my parents bought me new stuff for uni, and I left my old stuff at home for the holidays. Now I have both.

I could probably raise a bit of money with an ebay sale, but it's just the delivery costs for stuff like this, which puts me off.
  • Options
    Over 15 fucking KG that's for sure :banghead: :mad:

:p I am quite good actually don't have too much shite!
  • Options
  • Options
    lol, I was just about to suggest Freecycle.

Either that or www.stuff4sale.co.uk if you have one in your area.
  • Options
    We share most things in our house.

Wha do I own that's fully mine?

A mobile phone
    Some books
    Some DVD's and CD's
    A fair bit of clothes

That's about it really. :D
  • Options
    Not that much really, aside from my furniture I think when I moved last time I did it in 2.5 car loads, and I have a fiesta. I'm amazing at throwing stuff out, I love nothing more than to have a good clearout and get rid of the stuff I no longer need or want.
  • Options
    Probably a couple of hundred books, maybe more, but then you can never have enough books.
  • Options
    I just did a huge clearout of the loft and gave away boxes full of computer stuff - glad to have gotten rid of it now - but generally people have too much stuff.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Not that much really, aside from my furniture I think when I moved last time I did it in 2.5 car loads, and I have a fiesta. I'm amazing at throwing stuff out, I love nothing more than to have a good clearout and get rid of the stuff I no longer need or want.

come round to my house? I'll make you salad cream sandwiches and feed you haagen dazs...
  • Options
    So many books and dvds at the moment.
  • Options
    I've got all sorts of crap I never use or is just sentimental stuff I don't want to throw away. I've got loadsa boxes under my beds with all my old school books, diaries, letters, cards, videos, photographs and stuff in it's nice to look through every now and then.
  • Options
    I now own nothing and when you aint got nothin' ...you aint got nuthin to loose.
    I am officialy bankrupt and now live in my wifes house ...drive my wifes car ...i only spend my sons money.
    Now ...i can set about making some money:hyper:
  • Options
    A fair bit.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lots, lots of things. And I don't know what to do with them. If there was some kind of infinite storeroom I'd put them all there, because I hate getting rid of stuff...
  • Options
    tbh, i have very little these days which is a little demoralising when you move to be able to fit your life into a suitcase and a couple of boxes...#

i want furnisher and stuff i don't need but have no money or space
  • Options
    that would be the opposite of demoralising to me right now.
  • Options
    I'm demoralised by the amount of stuff that's still in boxes after my last move.
  • Options
    far too much :no:
  • Options
    Far too much shit. I moved three times in a couple years and each time I threw out boxes of shit when I packed, threw out even more when I unpacked and still had plenty more left over to throw away the next time. And I've never even owned any furnature, appliances, usefull household stuff like a vaccuum, dishes... it is all petty little shit.

I give this man huge props! http://www.guynameddave.com/100-thing-challenge.html
  • Options
    I own fuck all. Have quite a large apartment, and its extremely minimalist. I hate junk, clutter etc of any kind, so apart from a few big things like a big TV and furniture the place is very empty, and looks nice cos of that, all spaced out and clean. I don't for example have any CDs when you can just download everything as mp3s these days, don't own a stack of ugly-looking DVDs when you can just rent/download.