Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Semi/Non Permenant tattoos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I love tattoos and have no fears over getting one BUT I am the most indecisive person in the world and I change ideas all the time so I am a bit scared to get a tattoo until I find something I really do love (and for a long time consistently!).

Meanwhile someone suggested semi or non perm tattoos, that way i can change the design and place when I want and if i end up wanting the same one over and over then I guess I will have found the one to get permenantly.

I know "semi perm tattoos" are no good but what other options are out there? someone else suggested henna - where can I get this done? can I do it myself?

Any ideas and how-tos and suggestions would be much appreciated :P

Danielle

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a henna tattoo done last summer. Scared the crap out of my parents who thought it was real at first :lol:

Anyway, I had it done at a local festival. But you might be able to do it yourself or have a friend do it.

Mine lasted about 2 weeks, but my brother's lasted about a week because he kept scratching it. He got a henna one before his real one to make sure he liked the design.
    I knew someone with a 6 year tattoo, it looked really good and real. I don't know where you can get them from though - although I would like to know!
    Also what happens when they start to dissapear? Are you left with like half a tattoo?
    kangoo wrote: »
    Also what happens when they start to dissapear? Are you left with like half a tattoo?

I think so. I think you have few years of a decent tattoo followed by a few years of a shitty part-faded tattoo.
    Some discussion on the subject here...