Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bank decling Online Payment?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really can't spell decling :blush:
anyway

I put 75 quid in my bank, actually in the bank with the cashier about 1pm and I said to her, this is instant isn't it? She said yes.

Got home, went to book some tickets online for 74.10 and the site won't let me - says its been declined by my bank? I understood when I tried earlier at like 2pm because it had only been an hour . . . but instant is instant right - like 5 hours earlier it should be in and let me book them now right?

Like really need to book them tonight . . .

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Decline :)
    but then is it declining or declineing? it's not got an e in it?

ah I see now I missed out an ing. Ah well!
    Phone your bank
    Sooo annoying when that happens. Do you have other payment going out of that account that they could be wanting to clear before letting you access the money you put in?
    Did you put the funds in by cash or cheque? It was cheque then the bank might show your account as being credited but not let you use the funds until the cheque has cleared.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Phone your bank
    This.

Although I never do it. It might be because you have been spending a lot recently and so the bank is like, hold on a second *blockblockblock*. Usually in shops they'll ring them up for you but obviously they can't do that online. They'll probably just get you to verify a few transactions, is all.
    That's peculiar, it should go straight through as cleared funds if you put it in at the branch. I guess if the cashier was a numpty maybe not I don't know. I used to be a numpty and always cashed cheques straight through without putting the deferment on them... but I never got trained how to until about 2 months later :p (I was a temp so just thrown on the job really).

Is the payment via debit card or credit card? Normally it will be the card that is declined and it helps narrow down the possibilities... but I guess not always!
    Cheers for the replies

I rang the bank and spoke to some foreign person, robot I am sure. They asked a million questions and then told me that my account has not shown any loggings of declining anything. And as far as they were concerned all was OK and I should have been able to make that payment online.

So I rang the company, Vue who I was trying to order with and it turns out that it was because I was trying to book more than 10 tickets and they only allow 10 tickets at a time online. I said well it's rather stupid that they bloody told me it was that my card was declined rather than just telling me I was trying to book too many tickets. Anyway she apologised and said that she could book them for me over the phone BUT I ran out of credit mid booking.

So, after all that . . .

I'm still no better off! :razz:
    Lol oh dear!

Bit stupid you can't book more than 10 online at once though isn't it?
    Just order in packs of 5, unless there is a deal of course. Or get some Skype credit if she talks for years, It would be cheaper.
    I've gotten this type of thing before, but as you said, the error messages are never descriptive.
    Grr... how annoying :grump:
    Yes very annoying that you can't order more than 10 - espicaly because I was only trying to order 15!!

Anyway, it's worked out better because when I rang up she told me about a special screening with freebies a few hours before which i wasn't aware of. Fate, I tell thee!

And I didn't want to do two seperate orders because they charge a 3.60 booking fee so it would be sort of 7 quid in booking fee's alone which is rediculous. I shall pop along to the cinema later to book with cash. Far easier!
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Bit stupid you can't book more than 10 online at once though isn't it?

You cant buy a lot of concert tickets in more then 4/6 per card/address normally. Most places to do it to try and stop touting. Annoying when you need more then that number though.