Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flavoured vodka!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever made any flavoured vodka? I know people who have made skittles flavour, and mars bar flavour. Anyone done any other mad flavours? I was thinking about doing a mint one with chewy mints, or maybe an old skool rhubarb and custard flavour. Does it work with any sweets?!

If anyone has any experiences, recipes or methods or just some crazy ass ideas then please share! I'm looking for some vodka madness :yum:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never made it but those that I've tried drinking I've always found a bit sickly. But maybe if you know you actually like flavoured vodka then you would like it?!

Good luck :)
    Hehe I like sickly so that wouldn't be a problem! I've drank very sweet liqueurs with soda water before which mellows them down a bit

I'm excited about stuffing random sweets into vodka bottles and seeing what monstrosities I can create!
    I've made fruit based ones in the past, they were really good, raspberries or plums are especially good.
    How did you make them Budda? They sound nice
    kangoo wrote: »
    How did you make them Budda? They sound nice

Drank about a third of the bottle, then stuffed as much fruit as I could in the bottle. You need to make sure that all fruit is totally submerged, then just let it sit for a month or so.
    My god. Wow. I want some!
    Fruit, good, understandable.
    Mars bar... weird, probably disgusting
    Bacon... I just lost any appetite I had... for food and drinking :\
    i had peppermint aero vodka once and it was delish!
    I've never understood why people want to drink flavour vodka. I like the lack of a strong taste it has.

Vegetarian, sorry! If I ate meat I don't think I would make that though!! :yuck:
    i had peppermint aero vodka once and it was delish!

Mmm that sounds good! I'm making skittles vodka but I think I"ve got the quantities wrong cos my mate said that you can drink it straight because its syrupy but mine is thin and very vodkary tasting!
    id rather just have Absolut Vanilla mmmmmm
    This is going to sound silly but... this is the first time i've heard of makinf flavoured vodka!! sounds good.. i think i might give it a go.. im thinking skittles vodka, do i just put skittles in the vodka bottle let it soak up and its done?
    how long do i have to keep the skittles in for?
    sweet_gal wrote: »
    This is going to sound silly but... this is the first time i've heard of makinf flavoured vodka!! sounds good.. i think i might give it a go.. im thinking skittles vodka, do i just put skittles in the vodka bottle let it soak up and its done?
    how long do i have to keep the skittles in for?

Anything up to about 5 days but you can speed up the process by sitting the bottles in hot water to dissolve the sweets. Just until the sweets have completely disintegrated, and you'll need some kind of filtration system to remove the floaters on the top. I used a sieve and some kitchen towel
    how can you disgrace this beverage of gods with unholy, vile tastes!!?!?!
    absolut raspberry with haribo cherries :heart: or just do it with plain vodka, still good just not as nice, serve with 7up/sprite/lemonade :heart: