Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cream Eyeshadow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I am pale skintone with blondeish/redish hair, green eyes, I'm looking for a cream eyeshadow a slivery colour do you think it'd look ok?
Only thing is I get sensitive eyes and have tried The Body Shop and Rimmel but find they hurt my eye :(

Any ideas appreciated!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think it will look fine, i have hear mineral makeup is suited to people with sensitive skin etc, i kno your eyes are not skin but you could give it a try?
    go to boots and ask the ladies working there for advice they b quite helpful to me when i need advice :)
    p.s i have v gorgeous fcuk silver tube of eyeshadow from boots a while ago but they dont do it now..
    Lol, I just checked out 'who's online?' and saw that JsT is reading this thread! That amused me for some reason, I wonder what your thoughts are on cream eye shadow James if you are still reading this?

Personally I find it goes a bit slimey, I once had one but I prefer a solid one not a liquid one now if I wear one at all!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    No preference.
    I find the creamy eyeshadows are rubbish. Mess about with some good powders they are ten times better - last longer and don't crease or dry in your lid.
    sweet_gal wrote: »
    i think it will look fine, i have hear mineral makeup is suited to people with sensitive skin etc, i kno your eyes are not skin but you could give it a try?
    go to boots and ask the ladies working there for advice they b quite helpful to me when i need advice :)
    p.s i have v gorgeous fcuk silver tube of eyeshadow from boots a while ago but they dont do it now..

There is skin above your eyes! :)
    JsT wrote: »
    No preference.

:D
    I really dislike cream eyeshadows. I'd never give up my traditional Mac powder eyeshadows, they're fabulous!
    I really dislike cream eyeshadows. I'd never give up my traditional Mac powder eyeshadows, they're fabulous!

I was thinking about Mac, looking for a neutural/silvery one, a summer one that could be worn on holiday! any ideas? I don't think I have a Mac seller nearby and the internet it is hard to judge colour!
    I cant use crean eyeshadows, it irritate my eyes far too much. Powder eyeshadow is much better and tends to last much longer.
    Wisecrack wrote: »
    I was thinking about Mac, looking for a neutural/silvery one, a summer one that could be worn on holiday! any ideas? I don't think I have a Mac seller nearby and the internet it is hard to judge colour!
    Do you have LiveJournal? If so, go to http://community.livejournal.com/mac_cosmetics/. It is awesome and they will be able to tell you what is good :). If you don't, then I will ask for you :). Although the colours on the MAC site are actually pretty good. MAC are amaaaazing :heart:. Although if you haven't got one already, you might have to buy an eyeshadow brush too.

Also - are you sure you don't have a MAC seller nearby? They have them in quite a few department stores. Although I have just seen that the only ones in Scotland are in Edinburgh and Glasgow so nevermind :/.