Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ebay (help)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I sold some tops on ebay and thought it went quite well however I've received this message from one of the buyers that I posted to.
Hi, I received the item today, but it was underpaid by £1.60. And when an item is underpaid, royal mail charge £1.00 for handling fee. So all together I paid £2.60 when I went to get my item. As when I purchased the item, I have already paid for the postage and the item. £2.60 is the extra cost. I would like the £2.60 to be reinbursed please.
Thank you.
I can provide evidence of the payment to the post office and picture of the envolope(notice) if necessary (please just attach your email address)

I went to the post office and got it weighed so unless the post office have messed up it isn't really my fault. Am I liable and should I respond? I'm new to ebay if you haven't guessed.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd go to the post office maybe but in all honesty if it just happened the once I would say sorry and reiumburse them...
    I'd tell them to s*** my d*** personally :-)

P&P = Postage & Packing

Maybe it cost you a quid to drive to the post office ;) be creative!

edit: didnt read the post properly. I'd still tell her to .. though :)
    How would I go about reimbursing them?

Noog I'm tempted to as well really..the buyer and the post office actually.
    Ask her for the underpayment slip thingy, and the details so you can clarify it with the post office.
    Blugh it seems like a lot of fuss for £2.60. When I went to the post office the woman behind the counter was rude to me. I will probably just end up reimbursing her.
    Blugh it seems like a lot of fuss for £2.60. When I went to the post office the woman behind the counter was rude to me. I will probably just end up reimbursing her.

Should have given her a slap ;)
    Ask her for proof of how much extra she paid and then reimburse her. Then you can take it up with the post office. That way you keep your good feedback on ebay and can still try and get your £2.60 back
    Oh yeah, then make a complaint about the rude woman at the post office